• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question List of site owned campgrounds

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Not a park I’d recommend or return to, lol. I was referring to the town.

I'm thinking more and more that someday I may sell my house and get an owned site somewhere. I have family that watches my house the many months I'm gone and yes, I love my house and garage, wood shop, big TV on and on. I think ultimately I'm ready to move to a resort lifestyle where I can enjoy a great community in "paradise" and travel and not worry about the abode behind. It's not an investment, it's a lifestyle, break even at best would be fine.

Anyone know of a list of owner site type campgrounds? Pro's Con's you may want to offer I'm all ears. This is my impulse of late as I'm still figuring out where I want to live when I grow up. :) The RV lifestyle has been amazing thus far in my 2-1/2 years and the friends I've made has been amazing. Now a community for part of the year may be in the future. Thinking out loud...

FYI - I was in Naples, FL about a year ago and looked at sites at Pelican Lake which I liked but I realized then it was counter to my new RV lifestyle of traveling and not anchoring the RV for months on end. I hate not having this thing in motion as that's when things go bad. But if I am home basing at house, which I do love, maybe shifting gears to site owned location with a decent casita or even adjacent condo would be in the cards. Hard discovering these things so I'm all ears to any suggestions.

Neil, we looked at two more deeded owner-owned parks this winter in Florida. One is only 2 years old and on the east edge of Ft Myers, the other one we just looked at is in the Frostproof area (Lilly Lakes). I just posted a thread about our decision to move to that area of Florida, but to another rent park.

Lilly Lakes still has several empty RV lots and some are priced at $29,900. They charge around $5,000 to bring the utilities above ground. Of course you would have to budget for concrete or pavers at a minimum. Many have added large RV ports, and some even park models to their lots. There is a nice 9-hole course in the middle of the community. Anyway, we were very impressed with low HOA fees ($146 per month) and cheap buy in prices. For under $50,000 we could have a really nice lot with a large RV port and storage. We will spend this coming November through next April in that area and investigate further. I suspect between the Sebring and Frostproof area there are additional owner-owned RV communities.

@Neal have you looked at river landings in FL? I have heard it’s very nice and there are some you tube vids on it. The only downside is summer in FL is hot as I grew up there. They have coach storage if needed and I really like the awning they designed for the coaches. They build a real house versus a casita style indoor outdoor building what you will find at the owner sites resorts in Indio, ca. This may be one and the same that @FL-JOE refers to In his post.

There are many others through out the US. Like @turbopilot said in his post not many are suitable for year round living.

The only other comment I would make is know what you are getting into when buying as we observed in Indio, you might not see any appreciation value like residential and some were selling at a loss when we shopped this winter. That can be for a lot of reasons particular to the sellers financial situation. This may also be unique to Indio and not applicable to the rest of the US. We opted not to buy in the end because of the seasonality factor and annualized cost of ownership and we are still actively working

No, I haven't really looked at anything beyond winter 2017 trip to Naples area and then Ft. Myers. I realized it was too early in my RV lifestyle to be anchoring in any one location, I love exploring and keeping on the move. I may consider full timing someday and maybe this would help in both a rest stop for longer stays and an option for residency, not sure. This long trip I'm on now and finally staying at one location longer than a few weeks has made me feel much more comfortable in my coach and realize I could handle full timing, I think...and enjoy it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back