Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

CatGiorgia

RVF Newbee
I'm looking into buying one of the above-mentioned RVs, and I was wondering how much weight can be added on to (or into) this motorhome? Like, I'd want to use the spare bed-capacity to carry lots of books, and, if I'm living in it for a longer time, I'd keep a very well-stocked larder.

First, welcome to RVF, @CatGiorgia; glad to have you join us here.

Now, is this the RV you are talking about?

If so, there are some links at the end of the article to several GMC motorhome-specific groups that would likely have the information you are looking for.

Good luck.

TJ

First, welcome to RVF, @CatGiorgia; glad to have you join us here.

Now, is this the RV you are talking about?

If so, there are some links at the end of the article to several GMC motorhome-specific groups that would likely have the information you are looking for.

Good luck.

TJ
No, it's more like this -- much older version, but this type of "Class C" -- look at #'s 2, 3, and 4 in particular.
Lots of representative pictures here

Last edited:
I think I would still check out those vintage GMC motorhome links at the end of the linked article. That's probably where most of the knowledge regarding coaches of that era resides.

Just taking a wild guess, I'd say the Class C version you are asking about would have a cargo weight rating in the 700-800 pound area. I don't think that would allow for a lot of books after you get the essentials loaded. But, as I said, that is just a semi-educated guess.

TJ

I think I would still check out those vintage GMC motorhome links at the end of the linked article. That's probably where most of the knowledge regarding coaches of that era resides.

Just taking a wild guess, I'd say the Class C version you are asking about would have a cargo weight rating in the 700-800 pound area. I don't think that would allow for a lot of books after you get the essentials loaded. But, as I said, that is just a semi-educated guess.

TJ
I took a look, and I think you're right -- there are links to a bunch of forums that look super informative. Thanks for the tip! I'm going to go look at the vehicle tomorrow morning, and I'm taking along a "gear-head" friend of mine who's familiar with all of those old engines, so I can concentrate on asking questions about the RV part.

Latest resources

Back