Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

tzimmer

RVF Regular
We have a 44 foot raptor toy hauler try and figure out how to get my Honda Goldwing trike up in it bottoming out on the ramp as it goes up in to the garage any help would be appreciated

Hinge an additional section of ramp and use blocks under the door to change the incline.

You could park on an uphill to lessen the ramp angle.
Or you could run the front wheels of the hauler up on ramps to achieve the same thing.

Last edited:
I would build two short ramps that had ramped surfaces on both sides to raise the rear wheels as the middle approaches the pivot point. fasten them to the ramp unless it is a patio also.

I'm sorry! I'm a builder/maker and sometimes over think things!

Can you use a car servicing ramp for the front wheel?

It has to be a ramp that can be driven on and over, not up and on. And not under the front wheel. A ramp under the front wheel would jam the same as the pivot point of the main ramp when you drive down off it. The rear wheels only need to be raised enough to clear the low point created by the center point of the trike.
Here is mine on the Tail of the Dragon, thinking about a trike as well.

1702778957054.jpeg

I get it, he is having problems high centering. That doesn't mean a ramp for the front wheel would not fix the problem.

My wing was a 91 anniversary special, let it go about 5 years ago!!! It is missed!

It has to be a ramp that can be driven on and over, not up and on. And not under the front wheel. A ramp under the front wheel would jam the same as the pivot point of the main ramp when you drive down off it. The rear wheels only need to be raised enough to clear the low point created by the center point of the trike.
Here is mine on the Tail of the Dragon, thinking about a trike as well.

View attachment 22203
very nice pic! My advice to the OP is to place a chunk of 4x4 under the road end of the ramp, diminishing the angle of the ramp.

Latest resources

Back