Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Vick-rose

RVF Regular
We just finished our first trip. Was a good one until our last day. The rv door would not open hubby was stock outside and I was inside. He climbed inside the rv.We drove like that to CW were they have to climb in to see if they can get the door open. The lock have to be taken out. Anyway the rv have to stay there for repairs. We try to saniflush the black tank when discovered water was dripping from the lines and running inside the rv we also noticed water running inside the windows from rain and air conditioning. Have anyone have experience any of these things with their Thor ACE.

Attachments

• 20220630_100705.jpg
    20220630_100705.jpg
    591.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 20220701_113031.jpg
    20220701_113031.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 14
  • 20220701_082258.jpg
    20220701_082258.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
Not necessarily Thor, but others as well. Least from lines and windows I’ve experienced as well. With the body shifting causing leaks in windows and different water pressures In RV parks creating leaks in plumbing it happens all the time. Just be vigilant to catch the signs.
I had water line leaks just this year when a campground water pressure was too high. I added a pressure regulator and tightened the fitting and I was fine.

Not necessarily Thor, but others as well. Least from lines and windows I’ve experienced as well. With the body shifting causing leaks in windows and different water pressures In RV parks creating leaks in plumbing it happens all the time. Just be vigilant to catch the signs.
I had water line leaks just this year when a campground water pressure was too high. I added a pressure regulator and tightened the fitting and I was fine.
We do have a water regulator but it was removed before doing the saniflush. Big mistake. Learning rving can be costly..

One more thing; we noticed the air-condition was draining to the chanel roof on the Thor ACE. When we closed the slide there was lots of water on top and it was dripping water to the windows. My questions is it's that normal? How air conditioner on rvs are supposed to drain. We are new and it seems we will be experiencing every mistake if we don't ask questions . Thanks.

One more thing; we noticed the air-condition was draining to the chanel roof on the Thor ACE. When we closed the slide there was lots of water on top and it was dripping water to the windows. My questions is it's that normal? How air conditioner on rvs are supposed to drain. We are new and it seems we will be experiencing every mistake if we don't ask questions . Thanks.
AC Condensation drains right in the roof in almost all rv’s. It will run off the roof depending on the pitch of the roof as well as how level the tv is. Some RV’s have like a tiny gutter to flow the water to either end of the rv. Then you can add gutter extenders so the water does not flow down the sides.

We have been researching about the gutters. Hopefully those gutters extensions will work. Most rv sites where not level so everyone was having a hard time. Thanks.

Latest resources

Back