• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Retired

RVF VIP
Fulltimer
No
Im not going to worry about covered parking. I can park at a nearby storage place for $50 a month and put a cover on it. So thats the plan.

1. The misses has taken to a 2004 Fleetwood Southwind 37C with less than 10,000 miles on a WH chassis, 8.1, for 36.5k. Its pretty loaded, 3 slides, washer drier, 4-door fridge, excellent condition inside and out, 2 owner.

2. 2009 Holiday Rambler Augusta, 28ft, E-450, 2 slides, full body paint, 360 cameras, very good condition, 50,000 miles, 42k, seller anxious, room to negotiate, his words

3. 2007 R-Vision Trail Lite B Plus, 28ft, E-450, 3 slides, very good condition, 16,000 miles, 33k.

Maybe 1. 2009 Thor Four Winds Hurricane 33T, 34ft, 2 slides, 15,000 miles, new tires, lots of upgrades & maintenance, always indoor storage, 40k. Seller says it is under contract.

Maybe 2, 2011 Majestic 24C, former Cruise America, 123,000 miles, E-350, 5.4, Looks as nice as the 17s they are selling now. 26k.

The misses likes the Southwind, with the Hurricane second. The Southwind has more features but is older, she says the Southwind is like an apartment.

I like The R-Vision. The Augusta has the updated front end, but The R-Vision has more sf in the same length and for 9k-ish less. Its also a lot less maintenance than a Class A.

The Majestic is a basic no frills Class C. It will get the job done but the E-350 has no room to expand and the 5.4 is going to work. I can see pulling a small box trailer with a couple mopeds and whatever doesnt fit in the coach.

All fit the budget with money leftover for repairs/maintenance.

Im pretty sure this is not our first and last RV. Summer of 25 we will both be fully retired and I think if we continue to RV we will want something newer and more techie. There will be tons of new stuff in the next few years and although Ive always lagged behind what I saw as useless bling, Im starting to like it.

If the Fleetwood is still there this Wed, thats what we will probably end up with. Thats the first day we can thoroughly inspect and then sit and negotiate. Its about 4 hours from the house.

Attachments

• Southwind.jpg
    Southwind.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 13
Let me start by saying I had an '04 Newmar Mountain Aire with a "WH" chassis & the 8.1 as my first coach! It performed very well, & as a first "RV", I was quite happy!

Of your choices, the Southwind is definitely the way to go. From the perspective of usable space, as well as ride & handling! Doubt you would ever be happy with the handling of on "E-450"!

The 8.1 engine in the "WH" chassis is a good engine, & has the torque & HP to move the coach along pretty decent. The "W22" chassis probably will not give a significant payload; but will suffice. If you buy it, as a suggestion, (at a minimum) install a Saf-T-Plus steering stabilizer (provides steering stability & helps keep it from wanting to wander), then add an Ultra-Trac rear track bar ( which will serve to almost eliminate sway, etc from passing trucks & strong wind), and lastly spend the money for a set of Koni shocks (helps dampen body movement & lean & roll feeling)! These items ordered & installed should cost around $3,000-$3500, but will be the best money you spend! Enjoy the efforts of discoveries made by others;)

And get a certified Inspector to completely inspect the Coach (maybe$500-$700); as this could save you untold Thousands of dollars! Tire date codes, referred to as "DOT" codes are critical to tire age. Theses tires age out, they don't wear out! %-6 years is maximum before changing, & expensive as well. But what price do you put on your life?

The "Used" market is quite strong right now, but I'd try to cut the price some! Make an offer of $30,000 & go up from there, depending what issues, may or may not be found!

Good Luck, & enjoy the world of "RV"ing!(y)

Surfing posts from 2017-2021 it seems the values of used MHs are running double what they were 4-5 years ago on a 10 year old coach.

As more first time buyers enter the market, they tend to overpay and that drives values up.

Of course when they realize the true cost of ownership, they find out real quick they are upside down, even on a 10+ year old coach that they overpaid for.

I like this seller, Good pics, questions answered, Lee and Linda are the owners In St Marys GA. Are they here?

Attachments

• 155577358_4145465278819844_604748113505254122_o.jpg
    155577358_4145465278819844_604748113505254122_o.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 17
Probably used by healthcare providers. Get cleaned up in it before you meet the family in the house. When COVID is over sell them cheap.

2009 Holiday Rambler Augusta, 28ft, E-450, 2 slides, full body paint, 360 cameras, very good condition, 50,000 miles, 42k, seller anxious, room to negotiate, his words
Full body paint? Why I would run VIN for accidents.

i will carfax anything I buy.

This coach Im told was owned by an elderly couple That never left FL in it, current owners bought it and decided it was to big and they want a C. They seem like nice people.

Happy wife happy life.

Before I would purchase any class A or class C in the year range you are looking at I would want all the maintenance records. It looks like the Fleetwood averaged less than 600 miles a year so that means someone just let it sit and never ran it. Did they let it sit for 3 years at a time and never get anything serviced? If it had 40,000 miles or 50,000 miles it would be much better IMHO. Unless you are planning on just parking it and not traveling in it.

Latest resources

Back