Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
Currently I use a cordless Dewalt Impact Driver for most fastener work. It is handy great for screws and light work but not designed for heavier work like lug nuts, etc.
Not sure I want a high torque model, not needed and too much bulk.
The Milwaukee brand impact wrenches and ratchets appear to test much better than the Dewalt products, and any other comparable brands.
The Milwaukee 2457 Angle cordless ratchet is the go to tool for many as well. As my joints age, cordless tools that are light and efficient are very helpful for me to make it through some projects.
Back to topic, the M18 FUEL GEN-2 18-Volt Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless Mid Torque 1/2 in. Impact Wrench with Friction Ring Kit appears to be a good addition to the tools set. Yes I do have Coach Net covering road emergencies, but for the odd projects it would be nice to have a capable cordless impact.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I have a couple of Milwaukee drills and they have been great. They charge fast and have good battery life. The price is right compared to Mikita or dewalt. I carry the dewalt screwdriver that @Neal found in my tool box on the previous coach but it is a screwdriver.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B011WRUODC/?tag=rvf01-20

Milwaukee has a long history of making durable tools. I have several in my shop at the sticks-and-bricks; all 120V corded type. They were never big on "bling" but when you need something to get the job done, they are great.

TJ

I replaced my older Makita cordless drill with a brushless Milwaukee M18 a few years ago. Great drill/driver. I know it's not the impact driver you are looking at, but I have nothing but good to say with the Milwaukee M18 line. I now have 4 different M18 tools and they all work great.

I agree that Milwaukee makes great tools, just wish replacement batteries didn't cost 75% of a new tool. :mad:

I have that Milwaukee Impact. It is awesome. More power that I was expecting. I tried it on one of my wheels which are torqued to 450lbs. I was pleasantly surprised that it broke some of them loose. This was just a test and it’s not what I intend to use it for but it demonstrated to me that it is more than capable for automotive use

My last two sets of cordless have been Bosch. Have two drill drivers, impact, sawzall, 2 chargers and 6 batteries. They have been very reliable and have lasted almost 8 years so far with light to moderate use.

Can't go wrong with Makita or Milwaukee either though.

I provide 6 people with Milwaukee impacts for my auto shops along with the construction work I do I pretty much more know about Milwaukee tools than there support staff does.

The 18 volt fuel you want is the 2755b-20

however theres a new 12 volt milwaukee 1/2 inch mini ratchet that is by far the most powerfull tool in this size to date and its the one used the most in my shops. 2555-20 it makes almost as much actual torque as the one about but lighter and fast as all get out

I did not watch the video about but we have several of the ones pictured there rarely in use just to heavy bulky and dont actually do much more work than the two above. My vote for person use is either one of the two numbers i listed above.

However another option would be to buy an 18 volt 1/4” hex drive impact and drill set buy a threesome adapter set that converts it to 1/4” 3/8” and 1/2” square drive and youll have a construction tool that will do a ton of work the impacts your looking at will. Some times youll have to break the fasteners loose or finish tightening them but really your going to run into that with the above tools often enough any way.

When i travel I carry a drill and hex driver in 18 volt when I’m in the woods I construct things from the forest as needed but I have a tool to fix things easily as well.

Latest resources

Back