Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

lordneeko

RVF Newbee
Like the title says, I'm looking for something that'll help us keep it dry in the RV when we are running on Boon docking. We have a small camper that has USB ports all over the place and I figured a 5V 2-3A USB dehumidifier had to exist out there somewhere. I have found a couple but they look extremely sketchy Chinese models. Another option is something that is AC powered, but has a built-in battery. I've seen a few that use absorbent silicon materials and that isn't really what I want.

If anyone have any leads on such a product I would welcome your inputs!
Thanks.

Not likely to get the results you want from one that low powered. We tried a small cheap device with all sorts of promising claims from Amazon and was only able to get about a cup a day output from it with no affect on comfort in the coach. Went to a real model with refrigerant coils and began getting gallons a day. Unfortunately boondocking is going to make cooling /dehumidifying very challenging as these are very power hungry wants

I figured :\
The next thing I need to figure out is, if I get a 12V 6A unit like this one is there a way I can make it so I can run it on the battery at night when I'm boondocking? Middle Georgia...Hot...Sweaty. :) My unit doesn't have an inverter to get AC when running on batteries. But, I do have USB ports all over the unit. I know USB ports cannot handle 6A. But, is it possible to mod the circuit panel in such a way that I could run a unit like this straight through the 12V cable?

You could try getting a circuit run directly to the house batteries, but I think you will be very disappointed with the performance of these kind of units. Guess it cant hurt to try.

Latest resources

Back