Chassis
Ford
Engine
6.8L V10
TOW/TOAD
2002 Jeep Liberty
Fulltimer
No
I live in the Sacramento area in California. I'm always looking for a nice RV campground close enough to go for 2 to 3 day excursion. Any suggestions?

I live in the Sacramento area in California. I'm always looking for a nice RV campground close enough to go for 2 to 3 day excursion. Any suggestions?
In the spring and fall, Jackson Rancheria Rv Resort is lovely. Try to get a perimeter spot with a view. We frequently go to Moss Landing KOA, because we love the Carmel, Monterey area. The park is small, clean, but spaces are a bit tight. It is however, right in the harbor. Fishing and whale watching boats leave from there. Judy D

In the spring and fall, Jackson Rancheria Rv Resort is lovely. Try to get a perimeter spot with a view. We frequently go to Moss Landing KOA, because we love the Carmel, Monterey area. The park is small, clean, but spaces are a bit tight. It is however, right in the harbor. Fishing and whale watching boats leave from there. Judy D
Thanks for the reply, I put much more weight on personal experience than a website description. They make your local dump sound like paradise!

Head up the coast. Take 5 to 20 then out to Ft Bragg. From there head north to Westport RV park for some right-on-the-beach camping with full hook ups. Home — Westport RV Park . Just a couple miles north is Union Landing State Park. Less amenities but probably the best ocean side camping in the state. Westport-Union Landing SB

Also don’t ignore Bodega Bay, especially during pre-commercial crab season. There’s five or six CGs there - all of them good, but I really like this one: Porto Bodega Park Map . If you want a little more quiet camping, relaxed experience, try one of the other ones on the outskirts of the marina.

Depending on what you are towing, and if you are feeling a little more adventurous, head out to Shelter Cove. The park :: Sheltercoverv-com . I dont want to spoil it for you but it has about a dozen fun/interesting/enjoyable sites/activities/gastronomical resources and it is remote enough to take you away from the maddening crowd. That should do it for now, but I have plenty more. North, south east and west of Sacto. Enjoy!

We always check RVParky for decent reviews. You obviously can't trust public reviews 100% all the time but we have found it is a fairly good guide.

Latest resources

Back