Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Kathy

RVF Newbee
We are buying our first class A and plan to tow a vehicle. We have been told that flat towing is the best way to go. Currently we have a 2014 CRV and I understand that may work but I am looking for any advice or recommendations from people with more experience, including what vehicles are best suited to this. Thanks!

Welcome @Kathy. Flat towing is the only experience I have, no dolly or trailer to worry about once you arrive. Your CRV is a popular toad, I think 2015 is the last year that Honda endorsed for flat towing. Good luck with your search for Class A

Welcome @Kathy. Flat towing is the only experience I have, no dolly or trailer to worry about once you arrive. Your CRV is a popular toad, I think 2015 is the last year that Honda endorsed for flat towing. Good luck with your search for Class A
Thanks! I think we will be keeping it.

4wd Jeeps and Ram pickups are very popular toads. You can put the transfer case into neutral electronically and leave the transmission in Park to tow. The transmission is lubed while you drive. This is why they are so popular. Many vehicles require you to stop every 200 miles or so and start the engine to circulate the oil in the transmission. I would imagine this would be a royal pain!!! :oops:

I think 2015 is the last year that Honda endorsed for flat towing.
Actually, Bill. The 2014 CR-V was the last year that model could be flat towed. And, it is still in demand as a "toad." We've towed ours since it was new and it has given us zero problems.

@Kathy, you already have a fine, flat-towable with your 2014 Honda CR-V. The only reason to look for anything else is if you are dissatisfied with the CR-V for some reason. As stated, several Jeep models are popular for towing as well, and there are other makes as well that can be flat towed. If you want to go a bit upscale, look at the Lincoln Nautilus.

TJ

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back