Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Looking for input on buying/selling & Toyhauler or 5th wheel?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Our4Harts

RVF Newbee
Have camped for 25+ years. Started with Pop-Up, then went to TT's. We're retired, still have our 2 sons at home (23 & 13, yes we're older parents @65 & 55), & we also have 2 smallish (20 lbs each) pups that travel everywhere with us. Currently have a 2012 31 ft TT with 2 bedrooms, 1.5 baths, 2 slideouts in good condition that we've loved since we bought it brand new. Tow vehicle is a 2015 F250 King Ranch. I started homeschooling our 13 year old this year so outside of his sports, guitar and taekwondo, we're free to travel a lot more and want to do so. Some times the 23 yr old won't be able to because of his work. We're leaning towards a toyhauler because of the extra space in the hauler section that could be used for our son's room and school space, etc. along with hauling motorcycle(s), paddleboards, hiking gear, bicycles, etc. Husband also likes the decks. Problem would be probably needing to move up to a F350 to haul one that checks all of the boxes we want. I've since started looking at 5th wheels that are lighter and have a 2nd bedroom/bath. HAVE to have a 2nd bathroom w/at least the sink and toilet. Have seen set ups with a tow behind trailer carrying a motorcycle but that's not an absolute need. Just trying to get input on the pros and cons of either toyhauler or 5th wheel and which ones would you recommend? Not really a fan of the set up of most toyhaulers that have the sitting area/kitchen/tv all right there together but have seen some with a slight separation that would work. 5th wheels look to have more "living space" and up to 5 slideouts that help in that design. Also, pros and cons of W/D in hauler section or master bedroom? Also, would ya'll suggest trading, or selling outright current TT? Lastly, it seems obvious to look for a nice used unit. Trying to stay in the $65,000 range but would go higher if we were satisfied. I thought we were sold on a toyhauler, but now I'm not so sure. Thanks in advance.

I'm looking for almost the exact same thing in that price range. I'm okay with a toy hauler that has the dining table in the living area and not the 'garage.' So, it needs to be a longer model. I've been told to make sure there are at least 2 AC units. I don't need 5 slide outs, just 3 would be fine. I'm paying cash for something 2018 or later in excellent shape. I won't buy site unseen, but will fly out to anything in the south east for the right one. Already have a truck that will pull anything.

Latest resources

Back