• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Looks like a Ford F200 is in the pipeline

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
You keep saying that but you never mention how many catch fire by the percentage of vehicles in each class there is. And your Tesla is not just a fire, it is almost impossible to put out. Break it down by gas, diesel, and electric and divide by the number in existence and see what you get.

You keep saying that but you never mention how many catch fire by the percentage of vehicles in each class there is. And your Tesla is not just a fire, it is almost impossible to put out. Break it down by gas, diesel, and electric and divide by the number in existence and see what you get.
Read the article again.

No doubt more gas/diesel vehicles are burning and I would guess a greater percentage of ice vs. electric vehicles are self torching but there's so far fewer on the road it wouldn't take many per year to end up being a greater percentage, that article certainly indicates ice being worse. I'm wondering how many different sources gather such information?

Heck, I could get past the range and charge time issues for a commuter if the costs could be reigned in to something reasonable. The digital rights thing is a big sticking point for me too.

No doubt more gas/diesel vehicles are burning and I would guess a greater percentage of ice vs. electric vehicles are self torching but there's so far fewer on the road it wouldn't take many per year to end up being a greater percentage, that article certainly indicates ice being worse. I'm wondering how many different sources gather such information?

Heck, I could get past the range and charge time issues for a commuter if the costs could be reigned in to something reasonable. The digital rights thing is a big sticking point for me too.
No. Read the article again. For a 100,000 vehicles of a given type gas vehicles are 61 times more likeky to have a fire than an electric.

I don’t know what digital rights are.

No. Read the article again. For a 100,000 vehicles of a given type gas vehicles are 61 times more likeky to have a fire than an electric.

I don’t know what digital rights are.
Read what I wrote again, I stated specifically "I'm wondering how many different sources gather such information?" You have presented a single source.

I read the article more times than I need to fully understand the data and more importantly, who is compiling it. There is motive by any company or industry that benefits from government programs, allowances or abatements to skew numbers to best alighn with the propaganda that same government is pushing. For those of us in the know, it's referred to as creative accounting.

Regarding digital rights, specific to vehicles in this instance, google is your friend.

Heh heh. Love seeing these. Gas cars are much more likely to catch fire than electric cars, and every bit of insurance data backs that up. Insurance companies have already said that at some point they will have to start charging gas cars higher premiums because they are much more likely to have a fire incident.

This is true but when you read the article it is about vehicles involved in a collision.
Electric vehicles catch on fire with ZERO warning when just parked. No thanks

This is true but when you read the article it is about vehicles involved in a collision.
Electric vehicles catch on fire with ZERO warning when just parked. No thanks
Justification for electric vehicles can be discussed in 15 minutes! But that will not change the mind of someone with an invested interest!

Latest resources

Back