Looks like a Ford F200 is in the pipeline

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
4496329 (1).jpg

No thank you! That "truck" is for people who want a truck but don't actually need a truck and never intend to use it as a truck.
So it's fully "Software-updateable"? What happens when an update fails. Has that ever happened to you computer or phone?
I recently read an article that said these all electric vehicles when used in very hot or cold climates can use up to 40% of their battery power for interior climate control.
I'll keep my diesel. ;)

with enough chassis it could haul a big enough battery to have a little range. But yes, regardless, I’ll be keeping my diesel as well.

View attachment 20707

No thank you! That "truck" is for people who want a truck but don't actually need a truck and never intend to use it as a truck.
So it's fully "Software-updateable"? What happens when an update fails. Has that ever happened to you computer or phone?
I recently read an article that said these all electric vehicles when used in very hot or cold climates can use up to 40% of their battery power for interior climate control.
I'll keep my diesel. ;)
Depends on the size of the battery I suppose. The older commuter batteries were pretty small, so maybe. New EV’s tend to have big batteries and heat pump. 1 to 2 percent per hour is normal for us and our battery is small compared to a trucks battery. My educated guess would be 1 percent an hour for a truck with something like a 150 kWh battery.

Updates are cool. The vehicle constantly gets better. I have never had one fail in four years on either of our Teslas, and we get updates monthly. Always cool new things.

Jmho.

Last edited:
They could also make an aux battery with a built in tool box on top like an aux fuel tank for the front of the bed - probably fit 60-80kwh in pretty easily and provide some range extension.

But yes, regardless, I’ll be keeping my diesel as well.
I like a diesel too. One of the worse things I've done lately, was to trade my diesel in when I bought my gas 1500. It's just a car with a bed. But to be honest, I like that EV truck. Heck, I can't haul anything of girth in the gas version I've got anyway. And the torque on these EV's is just a whole lot of FUN! :)

I do like the concept but between charging time, inflated costs, charging locations and digital rights security (or lack thereof), it will take a while before I'm interested.

Depends on the size of the battery I suppose. The older commuter batteries were pretty small, so maybe. New EV’s tend to have big batteries and heat pump. 1 to 2 percent per hour is normal for us and our battery is small compared to a trucks battery. My educated guess would be 1 percent an hour for a truck with something like a 150 kWh battery.

Updates are cool. The vehicle constantly gets better. I have never had one fail in four years on either of our Teslas, and we get updates monthly. Always cool new things.

Jmho.
Yup Tesla is a very reliable car.:ROFLMAO:

1694902845173.png

Yup Tesla is a very reliable car.:ROFLMAO:

View attachment 20719
Heh heh. Love seeing these. Gas cars are much more likely to catch fire than electric cars, and every bit of insurance data backs that up. Insurance companies have already said that at some point they will have to start charging gas cars higher premiums because they are much more likely to have a fire incident.

Latest resources

Back