RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutchstar 4369
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2014 Honda CRV
Today I had to secure the wiring for the Magnum Inverter. The whole length of the two wire bundle and the single one behind it were totally unsupported and rubbing against the sharp edges of the steel brace. Fortunately the insulation did not wear through and cause a short.
I installed extra split shield and tied the so they are supported an not touching the steel.
5B08FAEB-F11F-4781-A2D5-11A34755EE46.jpeg

Good catch. I'll have to inspect mine but I think it looked as one would expect last I looked, nothing hanging or of concern.

I will too. Its also a good pic of the inverter location. There was a question about that recently because its not exactly in plain view.

It's about time for me to do a crawl throughout the basement to check on things.....

I found about 6’ or loose propane hose that was originally intended to supply a propane refrigerator in a slide, but sice the coach got the residential fridge option, it wasnt needed. But rather than remove it, they left it connected to the propane system and just capped it and left it lying around the Oasis unit. I rolled it up and secured it and will either remove it or use it for a remote bbq connection, but it was a pretty sloppy and possibly unsafe act to just abandon it as they did.

I've learned not to look behind panels or under things because of the "expert" wiring the factory does. Every time I see one of the rats nests created by using 5 more feet of wire than necessary, spliced together with guillotine connectors, using # 10 wire to feed low amp LED lights and other insane practices they count as acceptable, I feel like taking a pair of cutters and re-wiring the entire unit. I have since learned to control my impulses and take the advice of an old workmate..."Don't look for trouble and you won't find it". :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back