RV Model
Bay Star 3014
Chassis
Ford F53, V8
Engine
Gas
TOW/TOAD
2021 Ford Ranger 4x4
First off I'd like to say we really enjoyed this park several years ago, and decided to return for our shakedown trip on a new MH.
There are several walkways throughout the park to experience the swamps of Louisiana. They are really well situated to provide a great long weekend experience.

The have typical state park offerings from cabins, and RV sites. No sewer hookups, but 50A is available.

Now, unfortunately the park was hit really hard by hurricane Ida last year and all of the wonderful raised walkways are off limits. All of the trees were stripped and damaged. Much of the entrance and improved areas are undergoing burn clearing, so it looks really bad and depressing.

IMHO, I'd give this park a few years to recover. I asked about re-opening the walkways, and the ranger was not sure because the park was not receiving the funding to repair yet. Louisiana state government needs to act to save this park. The ranger said that the damage was no worse than a previous hurricane. Once they have repair funding, it would only be a couple months to be open again.

IMG_3692.JPEG
IMG_3682.JPEG

IMG_3717.JPEG

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back