RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
New Aire
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Rubicon
I've been meaning to get this posted and see what everyone's thoughts are.

When traveling last September we noticed the price of diesel at Love's Travel Centers was consistently $0.40-$0.50 higher/gal than other service stations. I just figured they hedged to far out and was selling high dollar inventory. Last weekend we traveled to Fort Worth (by car from Tulsa) and as I'm prone to do I notice diesel prices. Loves is still a good $0.40-$0.70 higher/gal. Our local Caseys has their price posted at $4.24/gal and Loves is still over $5.00.

Does anyone know why? We like the Love Travel Centers but not that much. More curious than anything.

I noticed that while planning our trip on the TSD app. TA is much cheaper.
Smaller stations are a lot cheaper also but I can't get my rig in there.

I believe truck stops are taxed differently from city stations.

A couple thoughts on this.
1) I‘ve noticed the price jump on every trip for quite some time and I used to feel it was gouging (because they can) but they do have higjer overhead with all the services they provide to truckers and the generous fuel islands.

2) After mashing a baggage door last summer in NH (I guess I can finally talk about it) trying to get into a smaller gas station, I’ve decided the extra .30 - .40 is worth it. I just did the math and its around $300 for a 7,000 mile trip. I spent 5 times that replacing my door and having it painted.

So I’ll just roll in to what ever looks the most inviting from now on and ignore the price. I do still prefer other truck stops over Loves, but I won’t boycott them either.

It isn’t just Loves, but every major chain truck stop has higher prices than than typical gas station.
Be sure to use a discount card - to participate in the discounts that trucking companies receive.

Latest resources

Back