RV Model
Ventana
RV Length
43'
TOW/TOAD
Ram 1500
Fulltimer
Yes
Recently purchased a 2015 Ventana. First time with a macerator. Is it normal to have a macerator in the dump bay if both commodes are macerators? Seems like overkill to me. Don't see any solids in the flow between dump valve and bay mounted macerator.

It is overkill but there are other reasons such as to have a sani-con or similar which is its ability to pump distance or uphill.

I have a London Aire and both toilets are macerator and then the Sani-con in the wet bay. I would not have a coach any other way. Makes it so easy and fast to dump and clean the tanks.

Recently purchased a 2015 Ventana. First time with a macerator. Is it normal to have a macerator in the dump bay if both commodes are macerators? Seems like overkill to me. Don't see any solids in the flow between dump valve and bay mounted macerator.
Probably to assure one can use a standard hose to dump as opposed to the larger 4" dump hose. Just don't get the standard hose used for dumping confused with the freshwater hose. yuck! In fact, it is suggested to keep them in separate bays.

As to a macerator, from boating experience, never put anything in the toilet that hasn't been eaten first.

Also, your sinks and showers aren’t being macerated before they get to the grey tank. There can be all kinda of food bits and stuff in there that can quickly gum up a small diameter hose.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back