• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Manual extension of slide.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Sorry bud, I am a certified RV tech. Did the school, so did my brother. We have not been able to move a schwintek yet and we replaced one today.

Sorry bud, I am a certified RV tech. Did the school, so did my brother. We have not been able to move a schwintek yet and we replaced one today.
Ok... I'll take your word for it...just passing on what I seen on the video and articles from others.... thanks

To explain why, it is the gear ratio's. These tiny motors don't have the guts so they use a 300:1 and a 500:1 gearing system. The theory is by unplugging the motors you will not be trying to "generate" power and thus they will spin. In reality, you are trying to spin something with a mechanical disadvantage. Once the motors are pulled out, they move easily. We continue to try this when we get the chance because we watch youtube and the "experts" also.

To explain why, it is the gear ratio's. These tiny motors don't have the guts so they use a 300:1 and a 500:1 gearing system. The theory is by unplugging the motors you will not be trying to "generate" power and thus they will spin. In reality, you are trying to spin something with a mechanical disadvantage. Once the motors are pulled out, they move easily. We continue to try this when we get the chance because we watch youtube and the "experts" also.
I guess you should have extras in your junk drawer!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back