• Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

DavidJon

RVF Regular
RV Make
Dutchmen
TOW/TOAD
Ram
I bought the set of LED marker lights from AUXITO, 10 each, red and amber to replace the old one on our Dutchmen RV. I've done much more involved modifications, so the thought of modifying these for the installation wasn't a concern.
#1 is the unit as received with the lens cover removed (incidentally the LED’s light up orange).
#2 is with a 1/4” hole drilled just below and between the 2 dimples for the circuit board mounting pegs.
#3 is looking at the front as I pushed/pulled the wires into the unit and fed them under the circuit board out the new hole.
#4 is the backside after both wires are rerouted.
#5 is the finished product ready to go install.
Like many LED products these are polarity sensitive, so what I did was put inline crimp connectors on both wires coming out of the lights and used one of them as a tester to discover the polarity of the two black wires from the RV in each of the 5 holes. I turned on the RV lights and as I tested each set of the 5, I bent the Positive side to the Left, and the Negative to the right, then began installing each light. I applied silicone to the backside of the unit around the screw holes and the new cable hole, as well as on the mounting area around the 1” diameter hole the old unit’s grommets used.
Time will tell how well these hold up, to sunlight, rain, and dirt. Sometime down the road I'll update this review with any problems I note, at least I have two spares for both ends of the RV.
1669261183720.png

1669261222075.png

1669261243737.png

Looks good. I upgraded some of mine to brighter LED and added more side turn signal lights - it had one on each side; now it has four - 3 ambers and a red. Not sure its helped much but I’ve made an effort.

Great, I also wonder to install some of them under the RV as underglow, don't know how about this idea

I bought this clear one to mount facing down, under the slide that extends over my electrical bay to provide light when I have to plug in or disconnect at night. I’ll probably save the installation for a little campground project on our next trip.
6D99B877-8340-4D50-8566-ADC12CD7AF69.jpeg

Latest resources

Back