Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
vent-cover.png

I put Maxxair vent covers over two of my three fantastic fans early on. My main reason was to be able to use the fans while it's raining but also while driving and minimize the dust and crud that can find its way in while driving. I use these camco insulated vent covers in both winter and summer to add insulation to the fan areas as obviously there is zero insulation at the vents. As I started my summer travels July 1st I put the camco insulated vent covers in and then later realized, I don't have direct sun hitting two of my fans (bathroom and kitchen) so I have protection from the solar heat. The half bath still has the insulated vent cover.

So I'm giving a big (y) on the Maxxair vent covers as they offer multiple uses from solar protection, rain protection, and safer use while driving.

Have been usng these for years. In fact I have added a piece of Refectix, velcroed to the vent opening, for added insulation.

I added three black ones to our new fiver last year when we got it. They are so practical and inexpensive that it still shocks me that manufacturers don't install them automatically.

Latest resources

Back