Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Larry Woodward

RVF Regular
Windshield blind stuck in position won’t go up or down. Dash switch beeps and I can hear a click at the motor so I assume there is power getting to the motor. I tried holding down the little control button at the wires going into the blind and get successive beeps but nothing worked.

You may have lost the limit programming. That happens occasionally. I have posted the programming instructions in the Resources area if you, or anyone else, need them.

EDIT: The "control button" you mentioned is actually the programming button. The instructions will make it clear how to use it.

TJ

Last edited:
You may have lost the limit programming. That happens occasionally. I have posted the programming instructions in the Resources area if you, or anyone else, need them.

EDIT: The "control button" you mentioned is actually the programming button. The instructions will make it clear how to use it.

TJ
One quick question, I’m parked and levelers down. If I turn the ignition on to the right I have to put up with the alarm sounds while I’m programming the blind. Does turning it to the left work? Also the blind is locked up in the driving down set position(about midway) which was the last time I moved it. Wondering if starting the engine might unlock it? Thanks for your help.

Where is the set or programming button button? I test drive a MH and the sales rep had no idea how to rest he shade. I had to do the test drive with the shade 1/2 way down.

Last edited:
There are usually a set of button switches hanging on wires on the left side of the shade rollers. They may be bundled and tucked in so that they are not readily visible.

TJ

One quick question, I’m parked and levelers down. If I turn the ignition on to the right I have to put up with the alarm sounds while I’m programming the blind. Does turning it to the left work? Also the blind is locked up in the driving down set position(about midway) which was the last time I moved it. Wondering if starting the engine might unlock it? Thanks for your help.
I don't know if the Accessory position will work, but it would be worth a try. If you follow the MCD procedures but do it in the Accessory key position, it won't harm anything. It just might not program the shade limits. Give it a try and let us know the results.

And, let us know if starting the engine had any effect.

TJ

Ok, I see a red, black and double white wire. They are tucked into a very tight space. I don't want to pull on them for fear of accidentally hitting one of the buttons.Thanks for the info. I hope I never need to use it.

Ok, I see a red, black and double white wire. They are tucked into a very tight space. I don't want to pull on them for fear of accidentally hitting one of the buttons.Thanks for the info. I hope I never need to use it.
There's not much chance of "accidentally" changing any settings as there are several things that need to happen at the same time. It is hard enough to change the settings on purpose. :ROFLMAO:

TJ

Latest resources

Back