• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Media Server for Two TVs

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Thank you all for your help and suggestions. you all have been great and i appreciate all the possible solutions.

Just recently i have found and purchased a device that was originally intended to transfer pictures from my SD Card to my portable HDD.

This device: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07M6P618P/?tag=rvf01-20

This fit my needs for picture transfer on the road without the use of a computer. However, it also can set up and run a DLNA server from the device with a external HDD attached with our shows and movies. So, we will be taking our Roku units for the two TVs and using the DLNA servers to access shows on the Roku much like we do at home.

Hopefully this will solve our issues. We will also be running a Plex server at home and access that when we have an internet connection. fingers crossed it all works like it is supposed to.

I use Amazon Fire Sticks on each TV. They are connected to the coach’s WiFi network. I have installed the Kodi app on each FireStick and have configured a source which points to my network storage. For the network storage I use a RPi with an external HDD. I either use a NFS or SMB URL to access the RPi storage. You configure it in Kodi once and you're done.

If you’re looking for an even easier and simpler solution, you can use a splitter cable to connect the Fire Stick to power. The other splitter connection is a USB connector which I can plug a USB flash drive into. So I can load the content onto the flash drive and plug it into the splitter cable port and then watch the media via Kodi or even using the VLC app loaded onto a Fire Stick.

There are plenty of ways to do this. It's all about which "tools" you like using and how much money you want to spend and how easy you want it to be.

Latest resources

Back