Vision XL 31UL
RV Length
Chassis
Ford
Engine
Ford 7.3
TOW/TOAD
2017 Equinox
Will be making our first trip in our new Class A. First stop Elkhart Indiana, Then Ludington, Michigan for a few days. Then to Petoskey, Michigan for a week. Then onto Munising Michigan. Just wondering the ease of gettin in and out of Gas stations a long the way with the Motorhome. Length with Tow vehicle is around 50 feet. Height is 12’10”. I am used to pulling a 5th wheel with a diesel truck so never had to go to a regular gas station.

Motorhome is a gas engine. Also uncertain how far I can go without filling up. Have an 80 gallon tank but have no idea how many miles i can expect on a tank of gas.

Thanks for advice and help.

I'm similar to you, but a tad shorter. I've had no problems as long as I planned ahead when entering a gas station. Height has never been a problem, but always plan an "escape".

This might help...

Thanks
I will use google earth and do planning

I have 34' gas Class A and a 20' box trailer. I fuel at the bigger stops such as Love's, Pilot, etc and a always just take a look in before I commit. I seldom have any problems getting into position for fuel, but that does sometimes block others. I just try to get fueled and out of the way as quickly as possible.
I keep my speed below 65 mph and average around 6 mpg on the interstate, but it goes up as high as 7.5 on the slower two-lane roads. I start looking for fuel at 1/2 a tank.

I use my Garmin to plan due to a 12.5' height and long length. The Garmin allows me to input my vehicle specifications so that I don't end up on a road that I can't safely travel.

I use goodsam to plan as well as a Garmin GPS too.

Once we get into Michigan my route does not indicate any Truck stops. So far I was looking at fuel close to RV parks or so. just don’t know how far I can go before actually getting fuel. I checked google earth out to observe fuel stations. So far looks like there are ones that will be easy as long as they are not packed.

Looks like I must be committed do more more planning if not traveling interstates

I use goodsam to plan as well as a Garmin GPS too.

Once we get into Michigan my route does not indicate any Truck stops. So far I was looking at fuel close to RV parks or so. just don’t know how far I can go before actually getting fuel. I checked google earth out to observe fuel stations. So far looks like there are ones that will be easy as long as they are not packed.

Looks like I must be committed do more more planning if not traveling interstates
Don’t get wrapped around the axle on this. The absolute worse thing that can happen is that you get into a station and have to back out, causing confusion, a lot of horn blowing, and people calling you an idiot. Nearly all stations have enough room for your rig.
You’re not going to hurt anything. I have pulled into stations and as I pull in, realize that I have made a bad move. I have never been unable to extricate the rig.

Don’t get wrapped around the axle on this. The absolute worse thing that can happen is that you get into a station and have to back out, causing confusion, a lot of horn blowing, and people calling you an idiot. Nearly all stations have enough room for your rig.
You’re not going to hurt anything. I have pulled into stations and as I pull in, realize that I have made a bad move. I have never been unable to extricate the rig.
Don't forget the OP is towing a toad, liokely on all 4's, and is damn near impossible to back up!

Yes i would have to disconnect car to back up. Not impossible but also not convenient.

Latest resources

Back