• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Michigan Road Trip

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I never let the tank get below half. That way it isn’t an emergency. Also, my gas stops are usually planned before I start, having examine the station on satellite view.

I never let the tank get below half. That way it isn’t an emergency. Also, my gas stops are usually planned before I start, having examine the station on satellite view.
Same here. I've avoided a few that looked like an invitation to trouble that way.

We (DW) use Google quite a bit, while I'm driving. She will first look for Pilot/Flying J with "RV" pumps, then those without, then other stations (Loves, T/A, Buccee's, etc.) She finds a location, then uses Google Earth satellite views to "scope" it out, as feasible, or not.
Often times, when not traveling Interstate highway system, many of the stations have "Parallel PUMPS" to the roadway, and are actually easier to get into & out of!
With the toad, I'm just a few inches shy of 60' in length, and this approach works well for us.
I too, have an 80 gallon fuel capacity, but always refuel when right around half tank level.
At 6.5-6.8 mpg, I generally drive in the 200-250 mile range, and fill up.
I also plan trips so that I am driving around 275-300 miles per day, average. Sometimes I will do 400 miles, but that's about the max. I'm retired and am not in a huge hurry to get to a particular location, BUT, it is "Five-o-clock Somewhere", and the evening Margarita calls!!:cool:🕔
Hope this helps, and have a great trip!

We (DW) use Google quite a bit, while I'm driving. She will first look for Pilot/Flying J with "RV" pumps, then those without, then other stations (Loves, T/A, Buccee's, etc.) She finds a location, then uses Google Earth satellite views to "scope" it out, as feasible, or not.
Often times, when not traveling Interstate highway system, many of the stations have "Parallel PUMPS" to the roadway, and are actually easier to get into & out of!
With the toad, I'm just a few inches shy of 60' in length, and this approach works well for us.
I too, have an 80 gallon fuel capacity, but always refuel when right around half tank level.
At 6.5-6.8 mpg, I generally drive in the 200-250 mile range, and fill up.
I also plan trips so that I am driving around 275-300 miles per day, average. Sometimes I will do 400 miles, but that's about the max. I'm retired and am not in a huge hurry to get to a particular location, BUT, it is "Five-o-clock Somewhere", and the evening Margarita calls!!:cool:🕔
Hope this helps, and have a great trip!
Always 5 o’clock where we are 😊

IMG_3279.jpeg

I used google and Gas buddy to look at fuel around my stays. Going forward I will keep doing that and plan my fuel stops out ahead of time.

I after this trip hoping to understand I many miles I can travel on a 1/2 tank.

Thanks to all for your help

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back