Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Okay, most important question of the day! Do you shake your milk bottle/jug prior to pouring it?

@Neal, after your busy insurance day, sounds like you are taking today off!
Milk-no, OJ-yes.

Okay, most important question of the day! Do you shake your milk bottle/jug prior to pouring it?
What kind of monster shakes the milk?

Depends. When I get milk from the dairy with lots of cream (ie: thicker than whole) then yes. This is the unpasteurized variety.

When buying whole milk from the grocery in the jugs/carton....no need. Any solids in that milk mean it is now time to be used on jacket potatoes and no longer for my Wheaties.

I suppose most of the folks are too young to remember back before milk was "homogenized." That's where they process it so that the cream does not rise to the top. BTW, "Pasteurized" milk means that the bacteria in it has been killed.

Now, some of us older folks remember when "The Milkman" delivered whole milk (Pasteurized but not Homogenized) to the front door in glass bottles with flat cardboard seals. The cream was a half-inch (or more) thick at the top and bottles had to be vigorously shaken to distribute it evenly in the milk.

TJ

Our local grocery store sells milk from the dairy, love it! For someone lactose intolerant it was actually recommended by my doctor as the processed milk can be the cause of problems. I typically drink Almond Milk now but I love fresh milk from the dairy. It's typically homogenized though, but still prefer it over processed milk such as the other brands.

Tj is right, our milk we get is not homogenized but is pasturized. We don't want to die!!!

Some of us just don’t drink the stuff (me) while the DW drinks it by the gallon with no shaking....the milk I mean.
Now cheese on the other hand, bring it on in all its forms!

No, but I always smell it. Always. There is a reason..... and the last time I didn't smell it.:sick:

Latest resources

Back