Thor
RV Model
Windsport 31D
RV Length
Chassis
Ford
Engine
V10 8.8l
I was wondering what everyone thinks of "Homefi or travelfi routers for internet? Is one better for rving.we will be starting our trip south on Nov 1st thanks Tux

Travlfi is my front runner right now but I've yet to take the plunge.

The difference that I see is with Home plan you rent the router monthly for $15. I don't see that that pauses when you pause the data plan. The Travlfi plan you purchase either of two routers outright.

As far as plans, both websites (Homefi or Travlfi) explain the pricing pretty clearly. Either would work for RV as near as I can tell. It just boils down to which program mets your requirements.

Travlfi is my front runner right now but I've yet to take the plunge.

The difference that I see is with Home plan you rent the router monthly for $15. I don't see that that pauses when you pause the data plan. The Travlfi plan you purchase either of two routers outright.

As far as plans, both websites (Homefi or Travlfi) explain the pricing pretty clearly. Either would work for RV as near as I can tell. It just boils down to which program mets your requirements.
Thank you for the info.i am having trouble getting a monthly cost and trying to decide on what plan I need.we don't do much down loading but that may change when on the road. Thank again for the reply Jaydee Tux

Thank you for the info.i am having trouble getting a monthly cost and trying to decide on what plan I need.we don't do much down loading but that may change when on the road. Thank again for the reply Jaydee Tux
I sat down and got into the Terms of Service on both the Travlfi and Homefi websites.

Homefi: The monthly rental fee for the router is $15. To pause your data plan, they charge a $10 "parking fee" (their term). The rental does not pause. The data plans start a 200 gig for $80/mo up to 800 gig for $135. So, if you pause your service, you are still looking at a monthly fee of $25.

Travlfi: You purchase your router. Journey1 is $199 less $50 rebate program or $299 for the JourneyXTR. The unlimited plan is 800 gig and the TOS says you "may" be throttled after that. They also have per gig plans from 2 gig for $19/mo up to 200 gig for $109/mo.

There are cheaper plans per gig out there but, these prices are not out of line compared to some other plans, especially for folks like me. I can see the service paused at least 6 months out of the year and I can pick the data plan that fits our usage. The way I'm looking at it is the net cost over a years time is the most reasonable with Travlfi because of the fact that the routers use any of the big three providers without input from me. In other words, for the monthly fee, I'm getting access to service from all three. If the strongest signal is is on a congested tower, I can go into the app and select the next strongest signal that may not be as congested.

Still mulling it over. I'd really like to hear from folks that are using either of these plans.

Travfi looks interesting. Wonder if or when you get deprioritized service from various carriers. If the router can combine bandwidth that may be a none issue.

Latest resources

Back