Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Flew6

RVF Newbee
My name is Tracy Flewellen I am fairly new to RVing, although I have owned my Damon Astoria 2007 since 2015.

I retired from the Military in 2015, I have some time now I am planning more trips. What's the best tool for getting and stabilizing the internet. I have a young teenager that will travel with us that needs internet.

Respectfully,

Tracy Flewellen

In my opinion starlink is the most reliable, be it the most expensive.

Thank you for serving

Anybody tried Homefi?

We use t-mobile home internet. They permit travel and, now that we switched our phones over, only $30 a month unlimited.

We also have a backup through FMCA, AT&T hotspot. We can pause that one during months we don’t need and the monthly charge is only 25% then.

What works for me, might not work for you, so my answer is "it depends". You can get an unlocked hotspot on ebay for about $100 and a T-mobile prepaid 10 Gig of data for $30/month or spend about $750 for starlink hardware and about $150/month for service. You need to determine your budget, needs and wants first. For our needs, my $35/month Visible plus phone plan with unlimited data connected to a GL.inet Beryl travel router has worked well for work, TV streaming, email and web surfing. Last billing cycle, we used a little over 900 GB.

We have had a lot of luck so far with travlfi, there is a little bit of a learning cure with it but the customer service is really good and you can pay for what you need no contract

I have a router attached to my visible phone on the $25 per month plan. Works good most places.

Latest resources

Back