RV Year
RV Make
Keystone
RV Model
Cougar
RV Length
Fulltimer
Yes
Hello, I'm a recent first time owner of a camper, more specifically a keystone cougar 5th wheel. I was wondering if anybody could help me out, I have a moisture problem near a vent in the bunkhouse. This happens to be near the outdoor kitchen and mini fridge. The outdoor kitchen also ha6d a buildup of moisture. I wonder if it's the mini fridge causing condensation.
If anybody has any thoughts and or solutions please let me know. Thank you.

Hi Nate, and welcome. Sorry to hear of your problem, but it is undoubtedly fixable. Without seeing or knowing your fiver, I would tend to think it is not likely to be an issue caused by your mini fridge. If the vent you are referring to is a roof vent, that is where I would be focusing my initial efforts. Water leaks can be the devil to trace. Where they originate and terminate are often quite different areas.

Your fiver is in its seventh year and roofs require a lot of maintenance. Look at all of the items penetrating through the roof and ensure the dicor sealant is in good shape. If not, it’s easy to lay down another layer on top of what is there, or you can even remove and replace. Let us know what you find and we will help further as we can.

Hi Nate, and welcome. Sorry to hear of your problem, but it is undoubtedly fixable. Without seeing or knowing your fiver, I would tend to think it is not likely to be an issue caused by your mini fridge. If the vent you are referring to is a roof vent, that is where I would be focusing my initial efforts. Water leaks can be the devil to trace. Where they originate and terminate are often quite different areas.

Your fiver is in its seventh year and roofs require a lot of maintenance. Look at all of the items penetrating through the roof and ensure the dicor sealant is in good shape. If not, it’s easy to lay down another layer on top of what is there, or you can even remove and replace. Let us know what you find and we will help further as we can.
There are no signs of leaking from the ceiling or roof unless it's running down the inside if a wall. Today while working around the camper I noticed that the insulation around the seeping hose for the fresh water (?) was moist and dripping. So to clarify it is not coming from the hose but the insulation. I attached a picture of what I am talking about.
And to clarify the vent I originally mentioned is the furnace vent in the floor. And to explain more of the situation the carpet was moist the first few nights we stayed in the camper then dried up until the day I posted. There is also moisture in the outdoor kitchen.

Attachments

• 20201213_122030.jpg
    20201213_122030.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 16

Latest resources

Back