Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Geo55

RVF Newbee
I need some help. The step well cover on my recently purchased used 2007 Monaco Knight won't operate. I have checked all fuses. Dealership where I bought the motor home fixed the problem and told me that there was just something caught under the cover. Does anyone know how to manually operate or remove the cover so I can look for an obstacle or check out the mechanism? Does the engine need to be running to operate the cover? Thanks

I doubt you should need to start the engine to operate it but RVs can be wired up in weird ways so that would be a quick and easy thing for you to rule out.

For example, my engine has to be running for my jacks to operate but I know others with the same model as year as my coach where they have the opposite a d their engine has to be off.

As to removing or manually operating, I can’t help because I have no idea myself.

My step cover was moving very slowly. Turns out it needed to be greased. Make sure it's not dragging on anything too.

Outside the coach, see if you can manually pull it open. You can see up under that with a good flashlight or teenage eyes. I bet it’s air operated, thus why the dealer said engine has to be running

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back