Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

The Lambo Duo

RVF Regular
Howdy Ya'll,, My dear GF and I, while having done some camping before are now looking to expand our trips in her reproduction 18 foot (I think) Shasta tongue pull and are very excited to finally get some quality time together with the two Labra-Doodles, Stanley (6 years) and Coco, (7 months) and a recent (two months) Berne-Doodle addition, Domino, to the family (Can you tell We Love Dogs?)
Our plans at this point will start in Eureka Springs, Ar at the first of January and while still being still being formed, are looking to head to the eastern shore of this Great Country of ours!. Places being considered are the Montgomery, Al area, (Brother lives in Pike Road). North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, plus the western shore of Florida. The primary locations we are looking for are visiting beaches with camping nearby that will allow the Kids.
At this point I would like to solicit suggestions from other members for "fence panels" that others use for their pets.
We are both in our mid 70's, worked hard all our lives and still in good health to enjoy the traveling, looking to finally start taking it easy, "Can this really be done"?
We hope to call on others for tips and suggestions along the way especially with addressing the concerns and needs of the 3 Doodles. We realize there will be venues along the way that will not allow the "kids" to attend altho, there should be many more that WILL.
We are very excited to start the planning and much more when the time comes to hit the RV Road, have lots of FUN, sleep late, (lol),,did I mention have FUN?
Many Thanks in advance to any and all help, Joe & Pat

Welcome and hope you enjoy your future travels. You can definitely do this with a little planning and an understanding of what it will take to accomplish. I can't help with the fence panels as I haven't used them.

Howdy Ya'll,, My dear GF and I, while having done some camping before are now looking to expand our trips in her reproduction 18 foot (I think) Shasta tongue pull and are very excited to finally get some quality time together with the two Labra-Doodles, Stanley (6 years) and Coco, (7 months) and a recent (two months) Berne-Doodle addition, Domino, to the family (Can you tell We Love Dogs?)
Our plans at this point will start in Eureka Springs, Ar at the first of January and while still being still being formed, are looking to head to the eastern shore of this Great Country of ours!. Places being considered are the Montgomery, Al area, (Brother lives in Pike Road). North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, plus the western shore of Florida. The primary locations we are looking for are visiting beaches with camping nearby that will allow the Kids.
At this point I would like to solicit suggestions from other members for "fence panels" that others use for their pets.
We are both in our mid 70's, worked hard all our lives and still in good health to enjoy the traveling, looking to finally start taking it easy, "Can this really be done"?
We hope to call on others for tips and suggestions along the way especially with addressing the concerns and needs of the 3 Doodles. We realize there will be venues along the way that will not allow the "kids" to attend altho, there should be many more that WILL.
We are very excited to start the planning and much more when the time comes to hit the RV Road, have lots of FUN, sleep late, (lol),,did I mention have FUN?
Many Thanks in advance to any and all help, Joe & Pat
Hi and Welcome to RVforums from Ely, Iowa. We travel with our fur babies and have not had any troubles. We typically stay at Corp of Engineers, state, county, or city parks and also use Harvest Host/ Boondockers Welcome when we are in transit between point A and B. Occasionally we stay at Walton RV parks( Walmart) when in route.

Can it really be done? Yes, heaven is truly a state of mind! Accepting problems as a part of the experience goes a long way to filling your life with great times!!!

As for your dog family! Many people that follow the dog show circuit, use portable kennels, or fence panels to house there animals, and keep them safe!!!

May the storm always be behind you!!!

Hey Scott and Renee (Buster),,,many Thank You's for the nice welcome and your great advice. I was a bit premature in my haste to get us started,,,LOL,,but it's now looking like the middle of January,,,Not a problem as long as we manage to hit the road,,soon,!!
I'm gonna start checking out all those links I received to have a better idea of what we need to arrange for first. I have done a lot of "camping" while hunting with my 5 boys, altho I expect this style of camping will be some different now that there is a Lady present,,
Do you know how to go back and correct typos in your previous posts?

Welcome to the group - you’ve made some commendable choices. We travel with two dogs and while they limit us at times, they add so much more to our lifestyle that they are worth it. Occasionally we will board them for a couple days while visiting family (depends on the individuals and their situation), or attending events, or just taking advantage of city amenities. When we do this we usually have them groomed (washed) the last day of their boarding so when we get them back they are clean again, we’ve had our city fun, and we can all go on traveling and exploring together again. So that’s my traveling-with-dogs tip of the day.

We also have a berma minatur and purchased a fence panel from a pet store 2x6x5,then it folds flat,good luck with your travels

Welcome, yes it can be done, we are retired and travel 8 months out of the year with a berna-doodle and a GSD, never leave home without them, we plan our adventures with them in mind, they don't mind if we leave them in the MH for the day, we have a ring camera and AGS so they are pretty safe. As for fence panels, many campgrounds don't allow fences for the dogs so we have never tried it, we have retractable tie outs and never leave them outside alone, good luck in your adventures, its a great lifestyle!

Latest resources

Back