Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Moto trials… the safest off road motor sport.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Dricamper

RVF Regular
RV Year
RV Make
Entegra
RV Model
Accolade 32U
Chassis
F550
Engine
Diesel
Fulltimer
No
I have spent 52 of my 60 years riding and racing motorcycles, which is what sparked my interest in RV’s. Although the Rv part came way late starting in 2010.
After a 6 year stint of enduro and hare scramble racing in the desert south west, I was starting to get a bit banged up and feeling my age.
I was aware of trials just hadn’t been drawn to it until then. For those that don’t know what it is, in a nutshell a competition is riding a light weight specialized motorcycle some of which are electric, through a marked course, depending on your skill level the course ranges from very easy to near impossible. We practice every weekend which also can involve some group Rv camping.
There are clubs around the country that put on these events, the people are very welcoming and friendly.
My local club Central Arizona trials puts on 10 or so events a year. The participants range in age from 4 years old to 80.
Within a few years most of my family here in AZ joined in, 6 grandsons gave it a try, 2 stuck with it and are winning local and national championships, nephew and his two girls 4 and 9, sister Inlaw and brother in law, another nephew. This past weekend we had 21 people at our camp with a dozen RV’s big pot luck dinner Saturday evening.
Anyway if you have some motorcycle experience or want to give it a try this is about as safe as it gets and fun for all ages. Or if you just want to go see a competition they are usually in beautiful locations and RV accessible.
Next July the best in the world will be competing in Exeter RI, something that last took place in the US in 2017.
If anyone wants additional information or if you are in AZ and want to check it out or give it a try, let my know.

Attachments

• 713627F7-1938-4042-91FD-1DE264C2A090.jpeg
    713627F7-1938-4042-91FD-1DE264C2A090.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 23
  • B5D030C3-D114-4C57-A2C6-E350C37F9A9C.jpeg
    B5D030C3-D114-4C57-A2C6-E350C37F9A9C.jpeg
    489 KB · Views: 5
  • 5C0BFEDB-25E2-404E-AF6C-A38A03DAFEC5.jpeg
    5C0BFEDB-25E2-404E-AF6C-A38A03DAFEC5.jpeg
    242 KB · Views: 5

Latest posts

Latest resources