Chassis
Prevost
Engine
Volvo D13
TOW/TOAD
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
Our current trip has been a lot of fun and only a minor issue with the satellite, however last night I happened to notice the moulding on the driver side adjacent to the pilot seat is separating. Not a show stopper but want to address it soon. Anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it? I sent it into Newmar to get their reaction.

Attachments

• D5AD218C-8A30-4A8A-88E2-1D69CABA71E4.jpeg
    D5AD218C-8A30-4A8A-88E2-1D69CABA71E4.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 43
I've had a few things come apart such as the crown molding at the ceiling and some other things but that one I'm not sure how you'd reattach. I wonder if you can open it where the accent lights are to get to where they are nailing it to the wall? I always wondered how I'd get to the accent lights if one burned out.

I had to deal with the door trim molding around the half bathroom door. It was coming off, since it was attached with few dabs of silicone and few finishing nails. The surface of the wall material is slippery like nylon. Not a good gluing surface.
I sanded just to rough the glue area and used Locktite glue and predrilled the holes for the nails. It worked well.
Now I have another area to fix for the same problem?
I wandered too how to get to the accent lights?

I hate to think you have to take that moulding off to change the accent light. That would be really poor design. It looks like my molding is getting hung on something but what I have no idea. Flush top and bottom but bowed out in center on couch side. Uggh. I will deal with it when I get home. More to come.

A couple of you asked about how to change the accent light bulb that is part of the wood moulding. I asked Newmar. Here is their reply.

Those wood sections that house the lighting are held in place with double sided tape. You would need to carefully work around the wood with a flat putty knife or something similar to work the tape loose.

Thanks. Hope to never have to do it.

A couple of you asked about how to change the accent light bulb that is part of the wood moulding. I asked Newmar. Here is their reply.

Those wood sections that house the lighting are held in place with double sided tape. You would need to carefully work around the wood with a flat putty knife or something similar to work the tape loose.

What ever happened to good old fashioned screws?

One would think.

Penny saved is a penny of profit. It adds up.

Latest resources

Back