Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Mountains of electrical questions, please help!!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Hello to the Look, Yes I checked the fuses and none are labeled solar charge controller. Since the last post, I contacted the manufacturer of the ProVista solar system controller, Microgreen Solar (416-731-8026, Canada) and after discussion, I was told that the unit is fried. If I see no current when connected to the controller but is present when unconnected, it means the unit is fried. It is after all seven years old. So it looks like I need to Amazon a new controller. Thank you for all the advice the community has supplied. Ken

Thank you to all who replied with suggestions. This is an update: I replace both coach batteries with Trojan AGM 6 volt as a start. Then I checked that all the solar pannel were producing current, which they were, so I replaced the solar controller with a mppt and was able to get my new batteries to receive a charge. I also install a aili battery monitor. Then I discovered the inverter, converter, charger wasn't charging the batteries and replaced that with a Sun Gold Power 300w 12v inverter-charger. It became a process of elimination but I believe the electrical problems have been solved. It was a two-month process but the closest RV repair shop had a two-month wait anyway, so I solved my problems myself and probably save thousands of dollars in labor as well. In the end, I spent about $2500. Thanks again for the suggestions along the way

Latest resources

Back