Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Steve4059

RVF Regular
Hi all! My wife and I are full timers (about a year now) She lives in the coach when I go out of state to work. I just came back a few days ago to find that we now have an additional tenant….a mouse!
I was hoping to find out what others in this forum have done to both get rid of and prevent infestation???? Thanks 🙏

Glue traps with peanut butter glob works in my experience. Make sure you don't have larger pests with collars on that may also partake in the treat.

I agree with an underbody check. We had a couple get in where our power cable comes thru the outside opening. I now tuck a micro fiber cloth around the opening. I'm sure they could chew through but just not worth the effort. No problems since.

To get rid of our mice I used a regular kill trap baited with peanut butter. Our dogs have always liked peanut butter so I set the trap inside of a shoe box (with an appropriate sized access hole). The dog was safe and clean up was pretty easy. They were both gone in two days. We left the trap set up for a week just to be sure.

Good luck

Darrell

Yes, snap traps! They seem to travel in family units so keep the traps set for a while.

Mice don't like steel wool, so stuff any holes with the stuff so no more problems in the future.

Where there are rodent problems, auto wiring is vulnerable, so!!!

I use ice sickle twinkle lights under rig and truck. The ground dances like a possible snake! That deters them from nesting in the future!

Snap traps with cotton string tied to the trap lever and peanut butter. String absorbs the peanut butter. Don't know what RV you have but I keep traps in wet bay (where water, slinky exit) and where electric cord enters. I caught a couple mice in the wet bay and that's it but also keep traps in a couple other basement locations.

Latest resources

Back