Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

AAPilotJames3

RVF Newbee
I saw my neighbor was selling his 2007 Antique and I walked over to have a look. It needed a new roof, but I found a guy to do it for a modest price. He had to completely remove the old one, but the unit had a new A/C, new tires, brakes, sound and lighting systems. It also came with the larger LP tanks, decent shape foldouts, and the dual energy fridge. No frame rust. I'm all in for $4,050. Not bad for a first time unit I think.
One problem though. I found that when I drive it in the rain, the front foldout leaks down into the forward utility bin. All you store in there is the rods to support to foldouts, but I'm still worried that the moisture will rust the frame or rot the wood floor out of it (if it hasn't already). Guessing that's probably why the guy sold it so cheap, not sure. Any advice on how to mitigate the issue is welcomed.

Attachments

• 20240229_165038.jpg
    20240229_165038.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 15
  • 20240229_172001.jpg
    20240229_172001.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 16
  • 20240301_134126.jpg
    20240301_134126.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 36
Welcome and congratulations on your rig. I hope you can find a way to seal up the leak.

Welcome from Wisconsin. Congrats and enjoy your 2007 Starcraft Antique.

Welcome to RVforums from Ely, Iowa

Have somebody hit your suspected / proven leak location with a garden hose. Climb in there and find it. Add a little UV dye to the water and use a UV light and goggle kit to help track down the leak.

Rick

Sounds like a heck of a deal, congrats and enjoy it when you can.

Water leak diagnosis starts with physics: Water flows downhill or backwards with the air stream (when driving).
So, you use a garden hose starting from the bottom and slowly going upwards and forward until you see the leak coming in. Now that you have localized the leak, figure out how to fix it.
You can also look at the damage. The leak is above that.

Only suggestion I can offer is don't drive in the rain!
You can design for shedding water from the top, but not from the top, and at 50 + mph from the side as well!

They knew that when they built it, but that didn't stop them from offering what the consumer asked for!!!

The only answer I have for you is at the top of the post.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back