Chassis
F550
Engine
Titan V10
TOW/TOAD
2020 Polaris Slingshot
Fulltimer
No
I wen to Daytona last weekend to test the waters of going to a NASCAR race during the Covid-19 pandemic. Traveling by RV limited my contact with other people. Stopping half way on the 14th in Dothan Al I checked in by phone on the way to the campsite, setup and stayed the night. Left early the next morning and really never saw a sole. Arriving in Daytona on the 15th I checked in at Daytona Speedway RV. They gave me a pull through site for 2 nights $100. Not bad, but I guess the big reason is the NASCAR race was only allowing about 5000 people to see the race. Next day went to the race and all the COVID-19 protocols were in place at the speedway. Masks required, social distancing, and Temp checks. There was a little mix-up in seating as they assigned a stranger to sit next to me, but there was plenty of room for me to move to a safer location. I enjoyed the race, but it was @#$@ hot. 100 deg with 90% humidity. When sitting down and away from others most took there masks off. I was ok with that. When at the concession stand, people at the tables were eating, but distance themselves from strangers. Employees were monitoring social distancing and reminding people.

All in all I felt safe and did not have any problems. People were happy and did not complain. Good outing. :)

Plus: I took the motorcycle and was able to park right next to the gate!
IMG_0264.JPGIMG_0265.JPGIMG_0268.JPGIMG_0269.JPGIMG_0270.JPGIMG_0271.JPGIMG_0276.JPG

Awesome - the perks of RV ownership!

Thanks for the nice right up. Good to hear that somethings can be done without unnecessary exposure.

Latest resources

Back