• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Need help

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
OK Cummins ISX then. I checked online and it seems up to 230 or so is pretty normal. Maybe someone who actually owns one can confirm.

Thanks I’m going to pull over and check oil level again. My tandem outside tires are alarming saying 84 pressure. This is starting out to be a heck of a trip.

Oil
OK Cummins ISX then. I checked online and it seems up to 230 or so is pretty normal. Maybe someone who actually owns one can confirm.
Oil level checked and fine. Temp now done to around 213F. Tires were down a little now aired up but still registering 82 and 84. Alarm will still probably go off. Sensor is not picking up the change. ☹️

What is ISX and how did you know I have that?

I checked and 2014 King Aire had the 600HP ISX Cummins engine

I checked and 2014 King Aire had the 600HP ISX Cummins engine
Thank you. I will try and remember that. Had a rough day. Now at a rest stop for the night with a cocktail. Had someone clear our engine light. Error code was sensor on turbo. Tires alarm still going off every 20 miles between t pressure fine. IDK!!

Oil level checked and fine. Temp now done to around 213F. Tires were down a little now aired up but still registering 82 and 84. Alarm will still probably go off. Sensor is not picking up the change. ☹️
I am wondering if your high pressure alarm is set way too low. What is your cold air pressure in your tires supposed to be? The high pressure alarm should be set around 25% higher. Low pressure and tire temperature is typically the more worrisome factor. If a leak causes your pressure to drop, you get more flexure of the sidewall and greatly increasing temperatures and then are prime for rapid tire failure.

The best way to determine what the tire pressures should be set to, is to get your coach weighed for each tire position (6 positions if you have a tag axle, otherwise 4 locations). With those weights, consult the tire inflation vs load charts for your specific tire and set your tire pressures to carry the load plus usually around 10%. For example, if the chart shows it can carry the load you have at 76 lbs add 10% (7.6 lbs) for 83.6 lbs. round to 84 or 85. Each of the tire positions on an axle should be set at the same pressure. For example if the chart shows the left front can be set at 75, but the right front should be set at 80 then set both at 80. It is typical for each axle to have a different required inflation pressure.

It is not always convenient to get corner weights, so in the mean time, get the axle weights from your nearby CAT scales. Since the CAT scale show the weight for the entire axle, add a little more safety factor to account for the fact the it is very typical for one side to be a little heavier on side than the other on any axle.

Latest resources

Back