• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

rmlewis4

RVF Regular
i have a sabre qsk

i have had it in storage for 8 months and i pulled the battery out and had on a trickle charger the battery is putting out 16 V

towed it home to pack it up for an outing and hooked to shore power at the house surge protector says no errors and it has 125 i am trying to get the extensions legs to extend but they have no movement the outside lights (travel lights) work and the ceiling fan works and has lights too but nothing else is powering we checked the circuits and all are in working order but the slides won't open and the legs won't extend.

any help would be much appreciated

all circuit breakers were cycled a few times the furnace breaker did need replaced but there is also power going to the camp kitchen microwave but nothing the lights in the camp kitchen? we are totally stumped. it's probably some silly thing but just can't think what it is

Howdy. Sorry to hear of your troubles.

Two questions pop to mind.

1. Why is the battery at 16 volts. Should be around 12.7

2. Did you check the polarity of your connections?

Check your fuses I guess.
I don't know how a battery gets to 16 volts.

Howdy. Sorry to hear of your troubles.

Two questions pop to mind.

1. Why is the battery at 16 volts. Should be around 12.7

2. Did you check the polarity of your connections?
do not know about the 16v. that's what i was told by the husband when he put his voltmeter on it. he said yes he has checked the connections

do not know about the 16v. that's what i was told by the husband when he put his voltmeter on it. he said yes he has checked the connections

Ok. I would look I to that a bit. How many batteries do you have and what size are they? eg 2 x12 volt or 2 x 6 volt etc. I am now wondering if they are configured right.

this battery was previously in and everything ran fine with it. we are just confused as to why taking it out and putting it back in all of a sudden some things work and others don't in different areas

this battery was previously in and everything ran fine with it. we are just confused as to why taking it out and putting it back in all of a sudden some things work and others don't in different areas

Okay. I would confirm the polarity being correct.

Latest resources

Back