Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Keefey87

RVF Newbee
I own a dodge ram 2500 mega cab with a 6ft bed, and recently bought a 2015 palomino that is 9.5 feet long. Even though I made the drive back to where I live (little over 6 hours) i can tell that it just isnt right. I can get air bags for my truck but is there any other suggestions ? Or do i just go ahead and get a long bed truck ? Any tips and or advice would be super helpful ! Here is a picture of it.

Attachments

• truck camper.jpg
    truck camper.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 18
I own a dodge ram 2500 mega cab with a 6ft bed, and recently bought a 2015 palomino that is 9.5 feet long. Even though I made the drive back to where I live (little over 6 hours) i can tell that it just isnt right. I can get air bags for my truck but is there any other suggestions ? Or do i just go ahead and get a long bed truck ? Any tips and or advice would be super helpful ! Here is a picture of it.
There should be a centre of gravity sticker on side of camper, that mark should be above the rear axle at the very least, preferably ahead of rear axle.

I would try air bags and possibly a rear stabilizer bar as that seems to be included with most camper special option packages.

If you do go long bed, what will you be asking for the truck?

You must have bought from private party!! If you bought from A business, take it back and demand the cancelation of contract. They should never let that off the lot. They are liable if you have an accident, and sure as I write this you will.

Now the question???
Keep the truck, or keep the camper???

I can tell you right now the center of gravity is not over the tires. Do not modify the truck to try and compensate.

Air bags don't actually increase the capacity of your truck. Get the right truck for the job or get a smaller camper.

get a long bed truck
If you want to keep the camper "get a long bed truck."

I had a dump truck with the bed that was too long. There is not enough weight on the front end. Couple the lack of weight on the front with the forward propulsion of the rear tires lifting the front tires even more, you have a set up for possible failure.

I am suprised they let you put the longer camper on your short truck.

Latest resources

Back