Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question New American Coach owner and new to this forum or any forum for that matter.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Welcome to RV Forums @Rich H. I wasn't familiar with that model so I looked it up. Looks like I might have found the one you are buying? If so, that's a sweet looking coach, and indeed, it looks to have been well taken care of.

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2004-American-Coach-AMERICAN-TRADITION-40W-5014589860
Yes Jim that is the coach and after looking at many American Coach units for sale I came back to the first one I saw because of the way it was taken care of. You can't believe the condition of most of the coaches I looked at. The pictures were obviously taken before the RV's went into disrepair. Two of them wouldn't even start. I will go over all the belts and hoses probably replacing them. I'll try to work that out with the seller. I'm paying for new tires and I think he should take care of the batteries, belts and hoses. It's worth a try.

Yes Jim that is the coach and after looking at many American Coach units for sale I came back to the first one I saw because of the way it was taken care of. You can't believe the condition of most of the coaches I looked at. The pictures were obviously taken before the RV's went into disrepair. Two of them wouldn't even start. I will go over all the belts and hoses probably replacing them. I'll try to work that out with the seller. I'm paying for new tires and I think he should take care of the batteries, belts and hoses. It's worth a try.
Well you can try, I would. The coach has been on RV Trader for 44 days and had a bunch of views, so who knows, he may. Batteries aren't that much so as a seller, I don't think I would let that get in the way of a sale. But then again, I don't know how many concessions he has already made for you all to get this far.

But it can't hurt to ask, right?

The only concession was settling on price. He did come down some but I think the general condition warrants a fair price. I'm taking care of the tires putting on 6 Bridgestone R268 Ecopia 295/80R22.5 tires. My other main concerns are the cooling system, belts, hoses and coolant and the batteries. I'm hoping the seller will take care of changing these out as it shouldn't put too much of a dent in his sale price. Once those things are up to date I'm fairly confident I could handle most anything else while on the road. Thanks to everyone for the feedback and advice. We're looking forward to this new adventure and meeting some other American Coach owners along the way.

The only concession was settling on price. He did come down some but I think the general condition warrants a fair price. I'm taking care of the tires putting on 6 Bridgestone R268 Ecopia 295/80R22.5 tires. My other main concerns are the cooling system, belts, hoses and coolant and the batteries. I'm hoping the seller will take care of changing these out as it shouldn't put too much of a dent in his sale price. Once those things are up to date I'm fairly confident I could handle most anything else while on the road. Thanks to everyone for the feedback and advice. We're looking forward to this new adventure and meeting some other American Coach owners along the way.
At this stage I would choose to buy or quit. My guess is If he is like me the price will double.

Just saying.

New tires on me. All new batteries on him. Negotiations over. Signing papers on Monday.
Congrats! Well played. (y) Anytime you come away from negotiations with both parties happy, everyone wins.

That's a nice coach; I'm sure you are going to enjoy it. :)

TJ

New tires on me. All new batteries on him. Negotiations over. Signing papers on Monday.
That great! And that's the way negotiations are supposed to work. Every gives a little and everyone comes out ahead.

Latest resources

Back