Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I got an email yesterday about a new plan "AT&T Unlimited Elite" which I ended up switching to. I can't remember the name of what I had but the gist is the new plans include 5G, my prior plan did not. I am planning on an iPhone 12 upgrade this cycle to upgrade my iPhone X and I think iPhones will start supporting 5G this cycle. You may want to check your plans if you're an AT&T subscriber, I despise Verizon so I have no idea what the situation is there. If you're intending to upgrade your phone this fall/winter or in the near future and 5G is supported you may want to verify your plan supports it. Keep in mind too 5G coverage is limited but it is the next thing.

Also of note is today being my first day on the new plan I got a text from AT&T about a stream saver. It's ON by default, I don't have issues with data usage and definitely not on this new plan with higher limits, you'll need to go in and turn that off once switched over if you are like me and don't want throttles on your streaming. I do YouTube a lot and don't want it impacted by AT&T.

I'm a big fan of AT&T and in my travels having both AT&T and Verizon carriers in my pepwaves AT&T has consistently been better than Verizon. I had both Verizon and AT&T on my phones over time and am super happy with AT&T and think they do provide the best coverage and faster data speeds in my testing.

I had the TOGO router (350.00) and the AT&T unlimited plan (360 a year) and days after I got it running AT&T CXL the program and I couldn't renew. At least when Verizon CLX the prepaid program they grandfather every into the program. That said, AT&T does beat Verizon in lot places.

Latest resources

Back