• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Stealthy

RVF Regular
Hello all,
So we got our new Ram Promaster 3500 159 EXT. I'd like opinions of the floor plan I'm 95% going to use. So, my GF and I like the Travato 59 K and G but both have their own design problems for us. Consequently, I made my own floor plan based off of both. We need the extra seats with belts that the G has, but do not like the tall center area with bed in the back. So, I designed it to have a rear kitchen so that I could use the double twin bed design like the 59K. We won't need a shower, just a toilet so the small bath and kitchen work well in the rear. This keeps a very open feel floor plan when you enter the side door. Opening the rear doors will provide easy access to grabbing and dumping the cassette tank and grey water bucket. The 6 lithiums will be under passenger bed, freshwater tank under the driver side bed. Sorry about the rough sketch, I will be measuring the space today and plotting accurate dimensions of everything. This will be an all-season van with NO tanks underneath. I'm trying to decide on windows. We like the arctic awning for the double pane and shades but would rather a stealthier heavy tinted slider style. Please lmk if you have any opinions about windows and LMK what you think of the floorplan. I have not seen anything like it before.
One last thing - We have the factory swivel seats and I plan to raise the floor area under the added double bench and table behind the driver seat just like in the 59G. This allows 3 people to seat together when the driver seat is spun around. Does anyone have any ideas about mounting the seats in the raised area? I'm assuming the seat frame needs to be raised up 1st with a metal platform mounted to the metal van flooring, and then the floor built around that. I have not decided on any double seats yet, but they need their own seat belts.
I'm charging up my battery tools!
9baf6127-37a9-4548-8c4c-d6a7ab5bc9b4.jpg

Yes I have a suggestion!!!
Build out your plan in cardboard, and sit in the van and look for a couple of hours to find fault with what you have done.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back