Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Magnus

RVF Newbee
We recently purchased a 2024 Nexus Ghost 33DS in September 2023. This is our fifth RV and we were excited to be able to get one that is labeled a luxury model that has very high quality.
We were very disappointed with the quality of our recent Nexus Ghost 33DS. Videos of the Owners and leadership team boasting of the quality of this luxury line of RV’s does not represent the product being sold.
Each issue by itself is a lack of quality control checking. None of these issues are hard to check once completed. The installers themselves are not accountable for quality workmanship if this is what is expected of them. They will do only what is checked.
I fixed most of the issues as to send it back to the dealership for repair usually means a 2-4 week period of time that they keep our RV.
Issues:
Propane tank gauge reads ½ full when full. (still not accurate)
Auto start generator does not work. (still not working)
Leveling system is powered on when vehicle starts up and beeps when left turn signal is activated. (still a problem)
1 x solar panel was missing. (Added during a return trip to the dealer)
Interior rubber moulding around front space over cab was loose not secured to the wall. (fixed myself)
Interior rubber moulding around chassis door was loose not secured to the wall. (fixed myself)
6 x exterior storage door latches were loose with hand tightened nuts. 2 x exterior storage doors did not have half the bolts/nuts to secure the piano hinges. I had to get and install the nuts/bolts. (fixed myself)
7 of the exterior storage locations leaked water. I had to caulk each one where the rubber seal came together. (fixed myself)
The surge protector was secured by self-threading screws into the thin metal wall in the back outside storage location. Those self-threading screws came out and the surge protector was bouncing around inside that location. I secured it with 4 bolts/nuts/washers. (fixed myself)
The inverter only had two self-threading screws securing it. I removed the two worthless screws and used 4 x bolts/washers and nuts to secure this heavy piece of electrical equipment. (fixed myself)
The hydraulic oil reservoir for the leveling system was not properly secured. The nuts were hand tightened only and the reservoir was about to fall onto the road if not caught by me. (fixed myself)
Shower was not caulked. (fixed myself)
Plastic moulding cover piece fell off the awning arm when the awning was extended. (fixed myself)
Our Ghost 33DS was about 3 weeks late in production completion compared to the promise to us.

In addition to these issues we were disappointed that the truck did not have an air horn, radio was not set up for Sirius XM radio and it had a poor speaker system. No luxury in any of that. We know Nexus could do so much better with just a little more effort to make their top of the line models feel top of the line. Why does Nexus produce models that have the same type issues that the other lower grade manufacturers produce?

Not sure it changes much, for rigs under $1,000,000. Very sad!

I hate to hear this. We experienced similar problems in 2021 on our Concord. Coachmen worked with us in 2022 and the coach went back to the plant for repairs, after many calls and going over some heads. We are in better shape but we still uncover problems due to poor craftsmanship. We have been in the shop since several times since the first trip of 2021. Find your representative with Nexus and start the process now to get it back to the factory. It may not be a quick or easy process. My thought.
Good luck!

You paid for their product, they need to listen to you.

We recently purchased a 2024 Nexus Ghost 33DS in September 2023. This is our fifth RV and we were excited to be able to get one that is labeled a luxury model that has very high quality.
We were very disappointed with the quality of our recent Nexus Ghost 33DS. Videos of the Owners and leadership team boasting of the quality of this luxury line of RV’s does not represent the product being sold.
Each issue by itself is a lack of quality control checking. None of these issues are hard to check once completed. The installers themselves are not accountable for quality workmanship if this is what is expected of them. They will do only what is checked.
I fixed most of the issues as to send it back to the dealership for repair usually means a 2-4 week period of time that they keep our RV.
Issues:
Leveling system is powered on when vehicle starts up and beeps when left turn signal is activated. (still a problem)
Interior rubber moulding around front space over cab was loose not secured to the wall. (fixed myself)
Interior rubber moulding around chassis door was loose not secured to the wall. (fixed myself)
6 x exterior storage door latches were loose with hand tightened nuts. 2 x exterior storage doors did not have half the bolts/nuts to secure the piano hinges. I had to get and install the nuts/bolts. (fixed myself)
7 of the exterior storage locations leaked water. I had to caulk each one where the rubber seal came together. (fixed myself)
The surge protector was secured by self-threading screws into the thin metal wall in the back outside storage location. Those self-threading screws came out and the surge protector was bouncing around inside that location. I secured it with 4 bolts/nuts/washers. (fixed myself)
The inverter only had two self-threading screws securing it. I removed the two worthless screws and used 4 x bolts/washers and nuts to secure this heavy piece of electrical equipment. (fixed myself)
The hydraulic oil reservoir for the leveling system was not properly secured. The nuts were hand tightened only and the reservoir was about to fall onto the road if not caught by me. (fixed myself)
Plastic moulding cover piece fell off the awning arm when the awning was extended. (fixed myself)
Our Ghost 33DS was about 3 weeks late in production completion compared to the promise to us.

In addition to these issues we were disappointed that the truck did not have an air horn, radio was not set up for Sirius XM radio and it had a poor speaker system. No luxury in any of that. We know Nexus could do so much better with just a little more effort to make their top of the line models feel top of the line. Why does Nexus produce models that have the same type issues that the other lower grade manufacturers produce?
Seems this is the case with many of the things purchased today.
The one fact is that it’s yours now, relax, repair what you can do yourself it’s somewhat rewarding, schedule the rest to be repaired. I say relax because you will enjoy the heck out of this beast if you focus on the positive. We have a 21 Nexus Ghost, which had and has its issues but it is such a joy to drive and to camp out in….

There will be things coming loose and needing adjustment forever as it’s a huge box of items rolling down a set of very bumpy roads and bridges.
Relax and enjoy the many many positives of the toy you bought

Issues:

Keep an eye out for the fiberglass steps for your chassis’s doors. Both of mine are cracked. Service said they (Nexus) is aware of this issue. The passenger side was broken on delivery and the second just started.

Latest resources

Back