• Commercial/Vendors welcome

New Gladiator Procedure to flat tow

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Good info. That's why we turn to our forum friends for there experience! I have never had any luck with service at a dealership. I grow up a mechanic daughter. So I learned a lot from my father. I have given the dealership's better information then there tech people. I love to learn all this new stuff! I have been flat towing since 2005 so this is nothing new. Just Jeep Gladiator. I'm a farmer as well so even tow trailers. Thanks for all your wisdom! ;)

When shifting from 2h to 4l on the trails, I come to a complete stop, put trans in neutral, release foot from brake allowing a little bit of movement and pull thru to 4l. This is the same procedure returning to 4h.

We don't have that luxury when disconnecting the towbar. The movement of gears is required to get alignment.

I have found that I can usually go to 4L easier than 4H when disconnecting from tow bar.

If that fails, then I start the engine, put transmission in drive then neutral and turn off engine and try again. Its become automatic, and I don't have any troubles. The gears do get easier with use.

Great information! Thanks

Latest resources

Back