Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins / I6 Diesel Pusher 600HP / 1,950 ft-lbs
TOW/TOAD
2016 Jeep Rubicon
Fulltimer
No
I got our Masterbuilt Series 800 Smoker assembled a few days ago and yesterday I did the Pre-Seasoning burn off. Then off we went to get a brisket, but damn, they wanted $50 plus dollars for what looked like the ugliest piece of meat ever! So we bought a rack of ribs instead. :)

This morning I removed the membrane, covered them with an ample amount of mustard, then some rub and Trish sprinkled on some brown sugar. And now our ribs are residing in the middle of the fridge until tomorrow morning when they will find their way to the park and onto the Masterbuilt.

Can't wait!

And here we go! Loaded up the hopper and got the smoker up to temp. Then put the ribs on and set my timer. I'll check on them in a few hours.

The smoker comes with an app so you can monitor progress on your phone, but beyond watching the temp, the app is crap and I have -0- faith in it.

DSCN7561.JPG

DSCN7562.JPG

DSCN7563.JPG

DSCN7576.JPG

DSCN7572.JPG

OK, we finished dinner. Mother in law, Trish and myself. They were absolutely GREAT! What a wonderful first cookout. Still have some left if anyone is interested? lol Better hurry!

Now you’re talking my language! Looking good. But, you really do need to do a brisket; at least once. Ribs are good, but brisket is king!

TJ
Hi TJ! Yes, I will, but at the price of brisket today, I didn't want to mess one up on my first time out. :) Brisket is next! But you and Lady Di must promise to come over and help us eat it. ;)

What happened to your pizza endeavors??

What happened to your pizza endeavors??
Would I forget our pizza loving guests? Of course not! Although not as stylish as a pizza over, this stove has a griddle attachment that we're hoping will serve the same purpose.

There are two manifolds, one for bbqing and one for the griddle. Change the manifold, slip in the griddle, and heat it up to 700*. Although I haven't tried it yet, the videos I've watched indicate positive results.

I'll give it a try when I get some time. Problem is the grill is at the park and I live about 1/2 mile away, so running food back and forth is a bit problematic at this time. But I plan to test it out soon. Right now we're running around like headless chickens trying to get the park ready for the first guests in a little more than a week.

But rest assured, it the test fails, we will defiantly install a separate pizza oven.

1647862304428.png

1647862382396.png

I'm sure @Jim would build a real brick pizza oven.

Latest resources

Back