To our members, hosts, and community,
I love RVing. I love it so much that 8 years ago I purchased the greatest RV company in the world: Harvest Hosts. I made a promise to the founders, Don and Kim, that I would take care of their baby and grow it with love.
We grew our team from one to 74 fantastic employees who are the most caring and competent people I know. Those team members then grew the host network from 600 locations to over 11,000 of the most incredible overnight experiences in the US, Canada, and the UK.
In turn, membership grew from 6,000 to over 300,000 RVers who are out living their best lives while supporting wonderful small businesses along the way. Our members have spent well over $100 million dollars with our hosts, keeping communities thriving for travelers to enjoy.
And our work is not done yet!
We are excited to announce that we have found a new long-term owner to continue driving our mission forward: Choice Hotels International will acquire the entire Harvest Hosts family of brands. With over 7,500 hotels in 49 countries and territories, Choice Hotels understands travel. Even better: approximately two million Choice Privileges members have participated in RV travel in the past 12 months. That shared audience gives us an exciting opportunity to introduce more RVers to Harvest Hosts and the incredible small businesses in our network.
What isn’t changing is our mission and our dedication to our hosts, members, and employees. Harvest Hosts will become a wholly owned business within the Choice Hotels portfolio while continuing to operate as a standalone business, preserving our brand, product experience, leadership, and direct member and host relationships. Our team remains in place to continue doing what we love and what we are best at.
And most importantly, the experience that makes Harvest Hosts special, connecting RVers with unique places to stay while supporting the small businesses that welcome them, will remain at the heart of what we do.
With Choice Hotels, we share a love of the open road and the communities that make every journey memorable. Working together gives us an incredible opportunity to bring that experience to more people and accelerate our mission of creating millions of happier campers and communities.
I’m extremely excited for this next chapter. THANK YOU for being a part of this wonderful journey!
Joel Holland,
Chief RVer | Harvest Hosts