Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

New kids on the block (I never did like boy bands....)

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

L&TH-W

RVF Newbee
RV Year
RV Make
Winnebago
RV Model
Forza
RV Length
Engine
DP
TOW/TOAD
Jeep cj7
Fulltimer
No
Hello! My husband and I are brand new to RVing and have purchased our first RV, a 2021 Forza. Boy do we have questions...
The first thing that concerns me is that I'm finding it very difficult to find out detailed information about our specific RV.
For instance, we have used the RV a total of 7 nights. Otherwise the RV has been plugged into our house when not in use. Last week, I noticed that the propane tank was low and as far as I knew, we hadn't used anything that requires propane.
I spoke to the dealership where we bought the RV and they couldn't tell me with absolute authority what on our RV actually uses propane. I was incredulous!
Anyway, I just dropped it off at a repair facility and one of the things they're going to check is the propane system.
My main point for this long thread is that I'm seriously concerned at the lack of solid information and assistance when on the road. Who can I call? Ghostbusters? It would be nice to know that there's a source for help for minor questions when on the road. Is this what this forum is for? And if not, would someone please steer me in the right direction? Thank you for reading!

Sounds like you did not get the owner's manual with it when you bought it? I suggest you look into finding one before it's impossible to find. Maybe even go further and get individual manuals for each appliance in the RV.
I can't speak to your specific RV, but I can think of a couple things that might use LP. Water heater and refrigerator. Water heaters typically use LP for heating, unless yours does have a full electric heat option. Refrigerators can also use LP, depending on the settings. Yours might be automatic to use electricity while plugged in, the switch to gas when unplugged. Then too, you COULD have a small leak somewhere that's not bad enough to set off your gas detector, or smell while in the vicinity of the camper.

Just my thoughts.....Roger

Sounds like you did not get the owner's manual with it when you bought it? I suggest you look into finding one before it's impossible to find. Maybe even go further and get individual manuals for each appliance in the RV.
I can't speak to your specific RV, but I can think of a couple things that might use LP. Water heater and refrigerator. Water heaters typically use LP for heating, unless yours does have a full electric heat option. Refrigerators can also use LP, depending on the settings. Yours might be automatic to use electricity while plugged in, the switch to gas when unplugged. Then too, you COULD have a small leak somewhere that's not bad enough to set off your gas detector, or smell while in the vicinity of the camper.

Just my thoughts.....Roger
Roger! Thank you for replying! In honesty, I do have all the manuals including the ones for the individual appliances. But they're written for someone who is technically savvy, not me! I was able to discern that the refrigerator is electric the stove and the oven are LP and probably the water heater but that's it. We've only used the water heater a total of a few hours, not enough to use that amount of LP. We're having it looked into. But thank you for that advice.

Hello! My husband and I are brand new to RVing and have purchased our first RV, a 2021 Forza. Boy do we have questions...
The first thing that concerns me is that I'm finding it very difficult to find out detailed information about our specific RV.
For instance, we have used the RV a total of 7 nights. Otherwise the RV has been plugged into our house when not in use. Last week, I noticed that the propane tank was low and as far as I knew, we hadn't used anything that requires propane.
I spoke to the dealership where we bought the RV and they couldn't tell me with absolute authority what on our RV actually uses propane. I was incredulous!
Anyway, I just dropped it off at a repair facility and one of the things they're going to check is the propane system.
My main point for this long thread is that I'm seriously concerned at the lack of solid information and assistance when on the road. Who can I call? Ghostbusters? It would be nice to know that there's a source for help for minor questions when on the road. Is this what this forum is for? And if not, would someone please steer me in the right direction? Thank you for reading!
Some people RV others camp!!! The saying "your mileage may vary " comes to mind.

The question about propane use, is much like asking an honest car sales what you should expect for gas mileage on the car your looking at!!!

One of the joys of dry camping, is finding how much you rely on an endless supply of power.

For instance:
I only heat water when I'm going to use it. Someone else may find that inconvenient. The latter user will fill his propane as much as 3x as often.
I don't do gourmet, but some require!(I do many one pot meals).
I don't use cold water to clean up, but I don't require hot either.
I use a sweater or jacket so I can keep the camper cooler in cold weather, others have campers so hot, I must keep my visits short!!!

Oh! If the built in sniffer can't detect a propane leak, you can turn off the main propane valve and try lighting the stove in an hour!!!

I hope my post gives you an answer why they couldn't answer!

If you have the outside quick connects for outdoors appliances, some of them have been recalled for leaking. These would not set of the detector. We have found 3 of the regulators that go between the propane tanks themselves, when you have more then one, that were defective and literally dumping propane out. We drove up to one and smelled it. Getting it checked is the right thing to do.

Latest resources

Back