18,4ft
Chassis
Cheverolet 2500 Express
Engine
Fulltimer
No
Hi all
New member here (Thor / Norwegian)
Despite a hefty ongoing civil war in Burma with tens of thousands of casualties and a lot of misery and pretty unsafe to move around, I ended up buying a 2006 Cheverolet Roadtrek 170 Popular, hoping to use her when better times come.
But still a few places I can go now, without getting bullet holes in the van.

The Roadtrek was imported from Japan in 2015 and have only been used once over the last 9 years by previous owner and kept inside a building, so in very good condition with 33k miles on it. Everything works and currently changing all the liquids and oils for engine and generator and starting full detailing tomorrow, to make it look like new.

Since it is a 170 version, it only have one utility battery, so not much juice to use when off grid.
There are only 2 camper vans in the whole country (Burma 2,5x size of UK, so not a small place). No place to hook up for electricity and a large part of the country do not have any electricity available at all.

I will study the forum, but if anyone have a quick answer to the following two questions, I would be happy:

1. Myanmar have 230V electricity. How can I connect the Roadtrek, which is 110V to 230V (for charging batteries and other when connected at my house. Not sure if needed though.

2. Can I simply replace the led acid battery with a Lithium one or will that mess up the battery or other, since different charging profile? Do I need to buy additional equipment to make this more efficient? And even better, can I upgrade to 2 batteries, placing them somewhere else, since tray only takes one battery?

Got the van for 15k USD, so I think a pretty good bargain, given the low mileage and excellent condition.

Thor, Rangoon, Myanmar

Attachments

• 2006 Roadtrek 170.jpg
    2006 Roadtrek 170.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 3
I don't have answers to your questions, but welcome to the forum and hope you get the electrical figured out so you can make a few trips when the time is right.

Latest resources

Back