Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Joseph M

RVF Newbee
Morning all. I'm new here, and very much appreciate help as I seek to expand my knowledge.

I pulled a used pop-up for several years, and while we fell in love with using a camper, I was not in love with the moving parts. So now I'm looking for my next camper. My tow weight limit is 5000 lbs, so I'm looking for low 3k's or less.

I stumbled upon the Alto campers made up in Canada, and am obsessed with the layout of 2 twins that can be made into a king in the back and queen in the front, with kitchen and bath in the middle. However, the price is way out of reach and the availability is non-existent. And while the expanding top is cool, I'd still prefer to limit the moving parts.

I have looked, but not found, a similar layout in a cheaper/available package that falls within my weight limitation. If anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be awesome!

Attachments

• plan__f2414.jpg
    plan__f2414.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 6
I'm looking for something similar to what you are, in fact, I've layed out what would be the closest thing to perfect for me but sadly nothing has come closer than a hybrid which introduces moving parts and canvas that I'd prefer not to deal with.

My neighbor has an Alto. They’re very nice.

Morning all. I'm new here, and very much appreciate help as I seek to expand my knowledge.

I pulled a used pop-up for several years, and while we fell in love with using a camper, I was not in love with the moving parts. So now I'm looking for my next camper. My tow weight limit is 5000 lbs, so I'm looking for low 3k's or less.

I stumbled upon the Alto campers made up in Canada, and am obsessed with the layout of 2 twins that can be made into a king in the back and queen in the front, with kitchen and bath in the middle. However, the price is way out of reach and the availability is non-existent. And while the expanding top is cool, I'd still prefer to limit the moving parts.

I have looked, but not found, a similar layout in a cheaper/available package that falls within my weight limitation. If anyone can point me in the right direction, that would be awesome!
Maybe check out the T@B 400. I don’t know if it’s what you are looking for. Our loaded towing weight is typically under 3400 pounds and the hitch weight around 340 pounds. We don’t use a weight distribution hitch or sway control and it’s solid. Here is ours. I have pics of the inside if you want them. Let me know. It’s no trouble.

0810FA50-0AE7-48D7-98F2-AEC31761E121.jpeg

3A742B2C-A111-4ECD-B1B5-F4C27EF15EC8.jpeg

Like Voyageurs posted I was also going to suggest. I see these type sitting on the lots of RV dealers in NC as I travel in my job. Not sure of all the brands but the market for these small lightweight units are in demand as people do not want to sink loads of money in tow vehicles.

Latest resources

Back