Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Tiffin Tommy

RVF Newbee
Greetings all: My wife and I purchased our first RV [2009 Tiffin Zephyr 45] in May of 2020 and hope to travel soon. We live in central Virginia and are excited to hear of all the great places that you have been and would recommend. We are experiencing an issue with one of our Heat/AC units, the thermostat says it is 103 in the coach when it is 62. The unit will not come on. Any suggestions? Thank you.

As with most electronic devices these days, a reset is one of the first recommendations. A power off cycle for a few seconds and then back on seems to solve many issues. If you cannot find a specific fuse for the thermostat, I would disconnect all shore power, generator off and then disconnect the battery bank. Look and try hard to find the fuse in the low voltage fuse panel, since a battery bank disconnect is tricky.

Now, where is that fuse for year 2020...?

Greetings all: My wife and I purchased our first RV [2009 Tiffin Zephyr 45] in May of 2020 and hope to travel soon. We live in central Virginia and are excited to hear of all the great places that you have been and would recommend. We are experiencing an issue with one of our Heat/AC units, the thermostat says it is 103 in the coach when it is 62. The unit will not come on. Any suggestions? Thank you.
Welcome to RV Forums @Tiffin Tommy !

Welcome @Tiffin Tommy to the forum, hope you can get out and enjoy that coach soon.

Welcome from "not so warm" central Florida!

The first thing I always try is shutting off my "Salesman" switch, or the 12-volt switch to the coach. Not sure where yours is located but on our brand/model it is right by the entry door. Just shut if off for a couple minutes then turn it back on. That will pretty much reset everything. It is the easiest thing to do before you start jacking around with batteries and such.

The next thing I would try would be to locate the sensor for that heating/cooling zone. Our unit uses a small black round type sensor. Make sure it is dust free and not obstructed. You may ever unscrew it to make sure no wires came off.

Welcome from Georgia!

Welcome, from snowy Calgary.

Latest resources

Back