• Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Hi @Patty - tell us a little about yourself and your RV experience. Welcome to RVForums.com and I hope you enjoy this great group of super friendly RVers among us.

Welcome to RVF, @Patty; glad to have you join us. Lots of friendly, helpful folks here. What is your major RV interest? I'm sure you'll find some folks here with similar interests.

TJ

My husband and I both retired this year. We bought a 27 foot Navion class C. We went on a 6 week tour of northern Canada all the way to Newfoundland as our first trip. Lol. We are now traveling west on Route 10 to San Diego. I wanted to join a group who we could turn to when we needed information. We learn so much from other RVers we run into on the road.

I do have one question. We are in west Texas and it is supposed to get into the 20’s overnight. Any advice for precautions we should take so water system doesn’t freeze?

I’m in Dallas, and I know it’s headed my way... make sure your water tank is full, and unhook from city water. Drain your exterior water hoses, and unhook from sewer, too. Does your RV have tank heaters? If so, make sure they are enabled. The heat in your RV should keep the lines from freezing, but I would open the cabinets in the bathroom & kitchen to let heat in.

I’m in Dallas, and I know it’s headed my way... make sure your water tank is full, and unhook from city water. Drain your exterior water hoses, and unhook from sewer, too. Does your RV have tank heaters? If so, make sure they are enabled. The heat in your RV should keep the lines from freezing, but I would open the cabinets in the bathroom & kitchen to let heat in.
Thanks so much. That is very helpful.

I do have one question. We are in west Texas and it is supposed to get into the 20’s overnight. Any advice for precautions we should take so water system doesn’t freeze?
Just don't leave your water hose connected overnight. Fill the fresh water tank during the day and draw water from it rather than from a park water connection. You should be fine as you will be keeping the coach warm enough to prevent the interior water system from freezing.

TJ

Hi @Patty and welcome to the forum. If you have time, how about some pictures of the new motor home and maybe some of the surroundings on your trip? Geographically, the members are spread all over the place, and it's always nice to see other areas and other people's trips.

Again, WELCOME!

Just don't leave your water hose connected overnight. Fill the fresh water tank during the day and draw water from it rather than from a park water connection. You should be fine as you will be keeping the coach warm enough to prevent the interior water system from freezing.

TJ
Thanks!

Latest resources

Back